31 minutes ago, darmeethegreat said:

Omg!!! Guys I just got an interview email from CUNY school of medicine for the 6th of March. I’m super excited guys!!!! This is my school of choice and the wait has been crazy. Good luck to everyone else expecting !!!!

That’s amazing news!!!!  Best of luck!! 

15 hours ago, darmeethegreat said:

Sure, we all need to support each other since being a PA is our dream come true. I consider myself a minority because I’m an immigrant from Africa.

Stats:

Major- Physiology 

3.38 overall GPA

3.97 science GPA

200 hrs of volunteer service 

over 1000  hrs of PCE

Over  2000 hrs of HCE

best of luck to everyone !!!

Great science GPA, best of luck on March 6th.

2 hours ago, Frankie said:

Hey for everyone who were invited for interviews when did you submit your application? 

September 11.

Does anyone know if it's possible to pay at the NYS resident tuition rate after gaining NYS residency? Or are you locked into a tuition payment rate when admitted to the school? I'm coming from out of state and the low cost for NYS residents is a huge draw for the program. 

40 minutes ago, edragos said:

September 11.

Does anyone know if it's possible to pay at the NYS resident tuition rate after gaining NYS residency? Or are you locked into a tuition payment rate when admitted to the school? I'm coming from out of state and the low cost for NYS residents is a huge draw for the program. 

You have to live in NY for 12 months to be able to claim residency for in state tuition 

1 minute ago, agreen21 said:

You have to live in NY for 12 months to be able to claim residency for in state tuition 

Yes, I am aware of that. My question is that after 12 months of school have gone by and I have gained residency, if am I then able to pay the NYS resident tuition rate for the remainder of the program. I sent an email to the program today, but wanted to ask here while I wait for their response.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, edragos said:

Yes, I am aware of that. My question is that after 12 months of school have gone by and I have gained residency, if am I then able to pay the NYS resident tuition rate for the remainder of the program. I sent an email to the program today, but wanted to ask here while I wait for their response.

Oh okay, I see what your saying. I would assume you could! I don't think you get locked. Lets hope the school agrees with us 

2 hours ago, jzleem said:

anyone know how often and for how long do they send interview invites?

I think they interview the whole month of March and you find out in April if you get in. From the previous forums it’s usually 2 interview sessions a week. But so far I’ve only seen one interview session offered so maybe they are switching things up

• Like 1

Thanks, so we are right in a way about the interviews being held throughout the month of march. Lets continue to wait, I wish all of us can get an interview and then acceptance emails. Maybe they didn't received so many applications this year (lol wishful thinking). 

3 minutes ago, PAworld98 said:

Hey! I just called they said they don’t disclose that but they will be sending emails all throughout the entire month of March just to be patient.

Best of luck to everyone! 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, smartypagirl said:

Congratulations to all of you who have received interviews! It's truly an exciting yet nerve-racking time. Interviews are usually held weekly (sometimes 2 interview sessions in a week) throughout the month of March. Good luck to those who are still waiting to hear back!

Would you be able to give us some cues about the interview process, and questions or things we should do to prepare.