When it comes to CUNY SOM- I am not sure your grades matter as much as what sets you apart from other applicants. Don't get me wrong, taking certain classes and getting all A and B's with a GPA above 3.5 is what makes you eligible for applying to these programs in the first place but I think what is being missed and why these interviews are so important is to see personally why you started this in the first place. Do you have a "servants heart"? Do you know know the hardships and struggles of this career? How much do you have to give back to the community and what makes you different? I think expanding on your specific clinical experience  and how that has shaped your clinical judgement/outlook is more important than a GPA. I don't think posting "stats" is a good reflection or even helpful when it comes to determining whether or not you'll get invited or accepted. I think looking into what your clinical experience and background is would be more helpful. Also making sure you have a PA-C who can write you a letter of recommendation verifying that you know what you are about to get into. The interview process has become a  more holistic process and I hope this helps anyone looking into why they have not have gotten an invite or acceptance.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Njohnson92 said:

When it comes to CUNY SOM- I am not sure your grades matter as much as what sets you apart from other applicants. Don't get me wrong, taking certain classes and getting all A and B's with a GPA above 3.5 is what makes you eligible for applying to these programs in the first place but I think what is being missed and why these interviews are so important is to see personally why you started this in the first place. Do you have a "servants heart"? Do you know know the hardships and struggles of this career? How much do you have to give back to the community and what makes you different? I think expanding on your specific clinical experience  and how that has shaped your clinical judgement/outlook is more important than a GPA. I don't think posting "stats" is a good reflection or even helpful when it comes to determining whether or not you'll get invited or accepted. I think looking into what your clinical experience and background is would be more helpful. Also making sure you have a PA-C who can write you a letter of recommendation verifying that you know what you are about to get into. The interview process has become a  more holistic process and I hope this helps anyone looking into why they have not have gotten an invite or acceptance.  

Nailed it! Was going to say something like that. They talk about this alot in their info sessions as well. I personally think I emulated that well in my interview and overall application. My GPA and experience are good over all. I had a letter from not just a PA-C but 4 other mentors of mine in college and healthcare who spoke of my leadership and dedication. Especially to the latino community in NYC where I was born. Something must have gotten lost in translation, but like I said earlier, regardless I am grateful for the opportunity. I hope this doesn't discourage anyone. Please don't give up. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Sgazca said:

Hello all! I was just rejected and wanted to wish you all the best of luck! I did interview and I do feel like It went well too. I will be going back to my original school I was accepted in. Hope you all get a spot, best wishes! 😀

You received an email just now? When did you interview? Glad you got accepted at another program, best of luck and you are closer to your final goal. 

1 hour ago, kpeterson221 said:

Haven’t heard anything either...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe they will send emails on Friday. If anyone here have friends in the program already, could ask them to see if they Usually send rejections before the final acceptances and waitlisted applicants? 

Edited by minority3246
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, osakanohime said:

I asked but they said this cycle is completely different because of the Coronavirus so to not depend on last cycle too much. 🤷🏽‍♀️ Guess we really do have to wait until Friday. 

But in general, do they send out rejections first all together?, even though this is a different cycle I would love to get that answer. 

thanks for updating us on this @osakanohime

Edited by minority3246

On 3/11/2020 at 1:44 PM, jin29 said:

I received an interview invite for 3/20!!

My stats:

Submitted my application on 9/30/19 

Undergraduate - cGPA 2.91, sGPA 2.6

Post Bacc - cGPA and sGPA 3.91

2000+ hours working as a pulmonary function technician in New York

1000 hours as a medical scribe

42 hours of shadowing

My GPA definitely made my application on the weaker side so I worked really hard to make the rest of my application impressive. I'm very grateful to receive an interview invite despite my undergraduate GPA and I'm hoping this will help ease the nerves of others! 

Thank you for your honesty and being so transparent.I was suppose to apply this cycle but due to discouragement I did not apply because of my GPA 😞 our stats seem pretty similar and I would like to speak more (How your interview went, lor, personal statement etc) if you don’t mind? Thanks!!

• Like 1