Psych Rotation/Residency

HI!

I'm in my didactic year and am wanting to do an additional rotation in Psych, but am also wondering about Psych residencies? I have seen quite a few for EM and Surgery, but haven't come across anything in the forum regarding this. Does anyone have any experience with this? Particularly in Florida.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

There are quite a few Psych residencies, but they are hard to find. The VA has several and they pay way better than most of the others. I am in one now and I am very pleased with my decision. I turned down job in psych to accept the residency. 

Here are a some that I just found with a quick google search: 

The VA has Psych residencies in Houston, Albuquerque, Clarksburg WV, Chillicothe, OH

The University Of Iowa has one they call it a fellowship

Texas Tech University Health Science Center

Novant Health in North Carolina

Atrium in Charlotte, NC

University of Missouri School of Medicine

Cherokee Mental Health in Iowa

There are more. I deleted my list from when I was researching them. But google will find them. Some are called Residency, some Fellowship, some use Psychiatry, some Mental Health, Some Behavioral Health.

I am not aware of any in Florida.. 

Be creative in your google search and they will turn up.