Already getting bored prior to actually being retired. Saw online that UTSW has openings for HCP’s to serve in this role. Sounds like a position for a fake patient with a medical background. Job description is not clear to me. It is prn which would allow me to get out of the house. Since I’m only a BS I can forget about lecturing I suppose. Anyone familiar with this type of job title?

• ventana changed the title to OSCE evaluator

Salary is open.  I believe you’re the silent observer since job description says you may need to come up with questions to ask the participant.

Here's the actual job link.  https://jobs.utsouthwestern.edu/job/objective-structured-clinical-exam-evaluator-prn-professional-executive-5323-harry-hines-blvd-da-106992/

V, if you wouldn't mind, could you PM me and give me an idea what the pay scale was when you did this?

Edited by GetMeOuttaThisMess

You should be able to guest lecture without an MS since it’s your experience and ability to get that across is the key.

I wish you the best in deciding how to spend your retirement. It’s an individual thing. In my case, it’s been about never completely retiring but taking command of my calendar. I teach half-time and love it. I still work as a PA once a week (unless they need me more and I want to). And we go on vacation when we want. If I don’t do this, I find myself streaming reruns on TV and feeling useless.

Everyone is different so listen to your heart, and good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

They have a PA program, yet can't get the name right.  

Experience and Education

Completion of at least an advanced healthcare degree, e.g. Doctor of Medicine (M.D.), certified nurse practitioner (CNP), certified nurse midwife (CNM), physician's assistant (P.A.), and a minimum of one (1) year of documented clinical experience.

13 minutes ago, DizzyJ said:

They have a PA program, yet can't get the name right.  

Experience and Education

Completion of at least an advanced healthcare degree, e.g. Doctor of Medicine (M.D.), certified nurse practitioner (CNP), certified nurse midwife (CNM), physician's assistant (P.A.), and a minimum of one (1) year of documented clinical experience.

I noticed that as well.  One other possible option is that I mentioned at our doc meeting Tuesday is that I'd be open to some type of mentoring process such as for new hires.  They are with a large network and they looked at one another and thought that this would be a better idea than having the SP have to train a new hire.  I'm leaving it to them to rattle around their noggins. As long as I'm not the caretaker any longer then I'm good.  I'm with UGoLong in that it is done at MY convenience and not vice versa.  One of the SP's asked how much I'd want and I said I didn't have a set number since I didn't know what exactly they'd want me to do.  If it at least covers my health insurance cost (I'll be switching over to my wife's plan through work initially) then anything else is fun money.

I found this:

New scene.

Mt. Sanai Hospital. Kramer is on the table surrounded by PA students.

Student #1: And are you experiencing any discomfort?

Kramer: Just a little burning during urination.

Student #1: Okay, any other pain?

Kramer: The haunting memories of lost love. May I? (signals to Mickey) 

Lights? (Mickey turns down the lights and Kramer lights a cigar) Our eyes met across the crowded hat store. I, a customer, and she a coquettish haberdasher. 

Oh, I pursued and she withdrew, then she pursued and I withdrew, and so we danced. I burned for her, much like the burning during urination that I would experience soon afterwards.

Student #1: Gonorrhea?!

Kramer: Gonorrhea!

The lab breaks out in spontaneous applause as Mickey turns up the lights and Kramer takes a bow.

• Like 1