Best conferences

What conferences do you all recommend?

I am a critical care PA who just finished a critical care fellowship and in my 3rd month out of fellowship. My employer gives us $2500 of CME money to use in a year. I was considering SCCM's conference. Would anyone recommend that? I've been to AAPA as a student and had a lot of fun but attending a wedding during it in 2020.  

What type of ICU are you in? If you work with trauma/surgical patients I think EAST has a conference. Otherwise I cant speak specifically for critical care but a lot of EM conferences would have some relevance. I'll be at the ResusX conference next month which should be fun but is probably more flashy given that it's with a lot of the famous FOAMed and EMCrit crew.

Other options for CME money could be procedural courses if you have any holes there, which I doubt given your fellowship training. Maybe an ultrasound course? You could also use the money for journal subscriptions, which are surprisingly, and ridiculously, expensive.

When all else fails, choose a conference in a destination you want to visit 😉

• Upvote 1

Contact APACVS as their general meeting most likely has a critical care section and all of their education, like SEMPA's is superior. I would also consider in the future being an associate member of the American college of surgeons. During my presidency of AASPA and my work as the AAPA Liaison to the ACC, I was able to get this benefit for PAs. when becoming a member, you attend their entire CME conference for fifty dollars. I don't know for sure if the price changed.

• Upvote 1