latest and greatest online PANRE reviews

you have this. just spend an hr looking at peds vaccination schedules and stuff you don't do every day and take it basically cold. you have 5 chances to pass it and you are a damn fine PA. I have taken it this way 3 times with less studying and higher scores each time. last time I spent maybe 30 min reviewing primary care stuff in the parking lot before the test. 

PS Tell Mary D I said Hi. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, EMEDPA said:

you have this. just spend an hr looking at peds vaccination schedules and stuff you don't do every day and take it basically cold. you have 5 chances to pass it and you are a damn fine PA. I have taken it this way 3 times with less studying and higher scores each time. last time I spent maybe 30 min reviewing primary care stuff in the parking lot before the test. 

I second this.  Anyone with primary care experience reasonably could expect to pass it cold turkey.  The only time that I ever even halfway reviewed information was before my last one (literally) when the gloom/doom here on the forum regarding changes to the exam made me think that I needed to review.  I used ROSH and didn't think that it made a hill of beans worth of difference aside from the CME that I could then log.  Like E, my scores over the years consistently improved.  Sometimes I think we tend to overthink things.  If I could make a suggestion, don't think of the questions as being what was just reported in journals or Medscape the last week but rather what has been the traditional course of treatment in the recent past.  I personally don't recall questions about vaccination schedules.

Edited by GetMeOuttaThisMess
  • Like 1

On 8/20/2019 at 6:52 PM, EMEDPA said:

Too generous, E!

Last time I did the Kaplan test bank and looked up the stuff I got wrong

Honestly I'm thinking about ignoring peds and taking that section cold

I'm so out of the loop on recert (given how irrelevant it is to real life practice), I figured some young sharp PAs here would know the latest resources on the interwebs.

But I will take your advice to heart....

M