Hey all,

I’m a PA in my first year of practice at a family medicine community health center. We are backed by a large hospital system that provides great benefits and a very fair salary, located in the southwest in a relatively low cost of living area. We have an annual review coming up and I was wondering what percentage is fair to ask for a raise or if a raise is even appropriate after 1 year? AAPA salary report is not very helpful in my state, not a ton of PAs are responding so I feel like the numbers are not a great representation of the average. 

Salary now is just north of $95k for 8-5 5 days per week job and benefits are fantastic. There is a bonus structure but it’s vastly unattainable so I don’t factor that in. We’re also a federally qualified health center that qualifies for 2 loan repayment programs - one through the state and another through the federal government - that I am still in the process of applying for. Thanks for any insight you may have! 

I work in FM also for an FQHC in the PNW. Our raises are built into our contracts. Mine is 3 years with raises every year worth $5K. We're remunerated by base salary + RVU + incentive bonuses. On average, APPs here make $150K, there are the select few in the 200s.

Definitely ask for a raise. Don't sell yourself short.

Edited by MSPAC