Summer prep

I just finished the last of my 2 prereqs a few weeks ago. I was wondering if any one knows of any classes or even any books that would be good to read in preparation over the summer before school starts in the fall. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I am reading "Studying Without Stress" that was recommended in the e-mail from UDM. Not finding it to be very useful so far, but I'll update after I finish it today/tomorrow. I'm going to read the parts of my Pathophys book that weren't covered in class, learn EKGs as best as I can since I have zero previous experience there, and brush through a Radiology for dummies and anatomy review book. Kind of sounds like a lot all written out like that, but I plan to take it very easy and not work too hard at any of the topics. I want to relax! :) I'm interested in other people's suggestions especially regarding anatomy review. I was thinking just brush up on skeletomuscular stuff, no histology.

Enjoy your summer, spend time with friends and family and organize your life the best you can. Spend some time thinking about how you will efficiently study and manage your time. You will be learning a mass amount of information for the next few years enjoy the time you have right now and try to avoid being burnt out in the future! That is the only preparation I would recommend.

• 8 months later...

I was wondering if anyone thought the PANCE/PANRE materials would be worth a look to get an introductory look at the material that will be covered in the following years. I was thinking that the programs are grooming you to pass this exam, it would seem that they would test you on material that is tested repeatedly and reviewed in these PANCE/PANRE courses and books.

Archived