Resources for paying for PA school

On 2/22/2018 at 11:04 AM, AngelaRosePA said:

Does anyone know when your financial aid award comes through? I submited all my FAFSAs and my school has already received everything. School starts in August. When can i expect to know how much money i will have to use towards rent?

Thank you so much in advance!

Angela

Going to vary by school - because you awarded by the dollar amount the school says you will need. Anyhow, that info is distributed by the school usually in April or May.

• 1 year later...

Hi guys! I just had to maneuver this for PA school since I'm starting in the fall. The grim reality is that there aren't many grants or scholarships out there for us PA students, unfortunately. However, myself and most of my colleagues (by the instruction of my Financial Aid advisor at my school!) suggested I take out a "Grad Plus Loan" to cover my expenses - including tuition, rent, food, supplies, etc. This federal loan has low interest and can be paid AFTER you graduate. Just apply through FAFSA and they will lead you from there! Hope this helps!!

Btw, if you're interested in learning more, I am a Pre-PA mentor and provide free help via my blog on instagram.com/myPApal. Shoot me a DM if you ever feel like you need some extra advice!

Edited by leila93
  • Like 2