Jump to content
NicoleL96

Touro Manhattan 2019-2020 Applicants

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, NicoleL96 said:

Hi! Figured I'd start a Manhattan-specific thread. Anybody hear back yet?

Hello. When did you submit your application for Touro Manhattan. I only applied to Touro Bayshore and haven't heard anything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only conformation I received was via email: 

"We are pleased to inform you that your completed application for admissions to the Manhattan Physician Assistant program has advanced to the PA Admissions Committee for formal review.

You will be contacted of any changes to your status as they become available. All final decisions will be made by approximately June 1, 2020.

Sincerely,

Touro College SHS

Office of Student Services"

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2019 at 4:55 PM, raazk10 said:

Hello. When did you submit your application for Touro Manhattan. I only applied to Touro Bayshore and haven't heard anything. 

I submitted and was verified 6/20/19. Received the same confirmation email as above ^ on 6/20/19 as well. Haven't heard anything else since

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/22/2019 at 2:43 PM, NicoleL96 said:

I submitted and was verified 6/20/19. Received the same confirmation email as above ^ on 6/20/19 as well. Haven't heard anything else since

Thank you for the response. this waiting period is getting me anxious . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just received an interview for September 23 at 9:30am. Does anyone know if I am able to change or reschedule the interview day? I have an interview on September 21st and that’s on the other side of the country. No way I can fly back and make this interview time. Any advice?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Karney3 said:

Just received an interview for September 23 at 9:30am. Does anyone know if I am able to change or reschedule the interview day? I have an interview on September 21st and that’s on the other side of the country. No way I can fly back and make this interview time. Any advice?

What Campus? Manhattan, Bayshore, or NUMC? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Karney3 said:

Manhattan. 

I would definitely call the school and explain your situation and hopefully they can reschedule. Congrats on the interview  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, raazk10 said:

What Campus? Manhattan, Bayshore, or NUMC? 

Congrats! Did the school sent you an email or a letter about the interview invitation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Emileenwood said:

I received an interview invite for September 23rd as well! Does anyone know what Manhattans interview day is like? 

Congrats!!! Would you mind sharing your stats?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, nrj123 said:

Congrats!!! Would you mind sharing your stats?

Sure! 

Graduated in May with a BS in Kinesiology from ASU

cGPA: 3.89

sGPA: 3.91

I have probably a little over 2,000 hours working as a CNA, scribe in the ER, and MA in a dermatology clinic.

56 hours shadowing a PA

around 100 hours volunteering

my LORs are from two supervisors at the place I worked as a CNA, the PA I shadowed, and my thesis director from undergrad

Let me know if you have any other questions!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone from the 9/23 interview heard back yet with a decision? I know they said about 3 weeks for a decision but I’m just wondering

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2019 at 11:38 AM, mmott124 said:

Congrats!! I did as well I’m so excited!

Congrats, I got my acceptance on Friday as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/17/2019 at 11:52 AM, Karney3 said:

I received interview invite for November 11th this morning. For those that already had their interviews, was it traditional or MMI?

Congrats! It's traditional interview style with 3 faculty members. They try really hard to make it a calm, stress-free environment and they had a ton of current students answering questions and just chatting with you while you waited to be called for your interview. I found the interview to be more of a two-sided conversation, which I also really liked.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mmott124 said:

Congrats! It's traditional interview style with 3 faculty members. They try really hard to make it a calm, stress-free environment and they had a ton of current students answering questions and just chatting with you while you waited to be called for your interview. I found the interview to be more of a two-sided conversation, which I also really liked.

Gotcha! Thank you!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/17/2019 at 12:52 PM, Karney3 said:

I received interview invite for November 11th this morning. For those that already had their interviews, was it traditional or MMI?

When did you submit? Did you get the invitation by mail or email?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More