2019-2020 cycle

On 8/24/2019 at 1:28 PM, quoiaa1 said:

For those that have received an interview invite when did you submit your application?

Just because someone else asked me the same thing, I have it in front of me: Submitted night of June 19th (received confirmation email June 20th), invite received August 12th. 

On 8/30/2019 at 2:52 PM, ThefuturePA said:

for those of you who are interviewing, do you guys mind sharing your stats?

Not at all. I imagine mine are probably the lower of the bunch. 

Second-time applicant

Cumulative GPA: 3.37

Science GPA: 3.22 (increased this summer to ~3.4)

PA Shadowing Hours: 114 (hospital in Uganda, urgent care and FQHC in Newport Beach. Plus, 60 hours shadowing doctors). 

PCH: 2,272 (40 externship) - now on my second year out of college accruing hours. 

Volunteer/Comm. Experience: (not underserved = 190) . Underserved = 1,099 (In Uganda, Mexico, rural Alaska, downtown LA, and Orange County beach areas). 

No Master's Degree, no military experience

19 minutes ago, Hopefully1DayPAc said:

Just received my acceptance from Dr. Forest. I am beyond thrilled and honored to have the opportunity to attend this amazing program! I didn’t think I did well in my interview nor did I think I was what they would look for in PCE, but they saw my potential and journey, so excited to be a part of this!!!!

I interviewed 9/6 am. 

Congrats! do you know if they’ve sent out all the acceptances yet? 

Edited by zainabq

Yeah Dr. Forest called me last night as well and I was beyond excited I could barely speak to him. My stats are

C.GPA: 3.1

S.GPA: 3.7

PCE: ~2000 hours as a MA in primary care 

shadowing : ~150 

graduated undergrad with a 2.7 C.GPA , spent the past several years doing a post bacc taking classes at community college. Didn’t come from a science background , so I had to take all those science classes which helped bump my gpa. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Mikemed27 said:

Yeah Dr. Forest called me last night as well and I was beyond excited I could barely speak to him. My stats are

C.GPA: 3.1

S.GPA: 3.7

PCE: ~2000 hours as a MA in primary care 

shadowing : ~150 

graduated undergrad with a 2.7 C.GPA , spent the past several years doing a post bacc taking classes at community college. Didn’t come from a science background , so I had to take all those science classes which helped bump my gpa. 

What day did you interview ??

congratulations!!!!

17 hours ago, singingmango said:

Do you all think that all the admitted students have been contacted by now? I know it might be too soon because calls started Wednesday, but I feel incredibly anxious!

I encourage you all to be patient because it was only six days ago that the last interview was done. It was said by Dr. Forrest said that the admissions notifications would be completed after about two to three weeks. 

• Like 5

On 9/16/2019 at 1:34 PM, Joemonkey said:

I encourage you all to be patient because it was only six days ago that the last interview was done. It was said by Dr. Forrest said that the admissions notifications would be completed after about two to three weeks. 

Just want to check, I heard Dr. Forest say the decisions would be out within 2 weeks. Did you hear the decision would be 2 -3 weeks from the interview date?  Thank you!