Osteopathic PA programs?

Hi. I am Pre-PA/undergrad and just starting to figure out my path to PA school. I have always been very interested in Integrative Medicine and working more with DOs vs. MDs. I know there are a handful of PA programs in osteopathic medical schools (PCOM is one that is particularly interesting) which sounds like a great fit for me, but I'm wondering if becoming a PA through one of those programs would be limiting to me at all down the road, in the event that I choose to work in a more traditional practice?  Would it matter? 

Hi. I am Pre-PA/undergrad and just starting to figure out my path to PA school. I have always been very interested in Integrative Medicine and working more with DOs vs. MDs. I know there are a handful of PA programs in osteopathic medical schools (PCOM is one that is particularly interesting) which sounds like a great fit for me, but I'm wondering if becoming a PA through one of those programs would be limiting to me at all down the road, in the event that I choose to work in a more traditional practice?  Would it matter? 

There are schools with PA and DO programs, such as Ohio University. The training requirements for PAs are the same in all US schools and PAs from all programs work with DOs and MDs.

No, it won’t matter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk