Doane BioL 215- Anatomy and Physiology Online

Hi there! Was wondering if anyone has any experience with Doane A&P I online? I took biochem through Doane and had a great experience, but I know some of the classes can be hit or miss when it comes to format and grading. If anyone has any insight on the Doane A&P course please share and would love to know if it would be worth it or not. The cost is a bit steep to just risk it.

Anything is helpful!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/6/2019 at 9:52 PM, onaj1025 said:

Hi there! Was wondering if anyone has any experience with Doane A&P I online? I took biochem through Doane and had a great experience, but I know some of the classes can be hit or miss when it comes to format and grading. If anyone has any insight on the Doane A&P course please share and would love to know if it would be worth it or not. The cost is a bit steep to just risk it.

Anything is helpful!

Hi @onaj1025

I am currently taking A&P I through Doane. It began 10/14, so we're at the tail end of week 5 right now. 

Generally we go through one organ system per week, and there are assignments due each day Tuesday through Sunday (that is, 6 assignments per week). All assignments are open beginning the Sunday of each week, so you can get ahead. There are readings assigned from the textbook (an eBook is available) that the assignments directly relate to as well as a virtual lab/cadaver component. I work full time and am able to manage the assignments just fine. 

Hope this helps!

• 1 month later...

I just finished taking both A&P 1 and 2 through Doane. 

A&P 1 was with Clara Fynbu-Eggert. Each week focused on 1-2 body systems. We would have a few assignments every week; a concept map, a discussion board (where you also have to respond to classmates), a lab (online or an at-home project), some short answer questions, and a quiz at the end of the week that was all multiple choice. If you kept up with the readings and actually tried, it was an easy class. Dr. Fynbu-Eggert can sort of be a tough grader at times but overall she's very clear and concise and is always willing to help via email if you need it. 

A&P 2 was with Jill McMillin. It was similarly structured to A&P 1 and focused on 1-2 body systems per week. Similar amount of assignments as A&P 1 (weekly concept map, discussion board, short answers, and a quiz). Only had a few labs/projects for this class. Overall, I thought A&P 2 was much easier, though this might be because Dr. McMillin was very upfront with instructions and expectations and wasn't as tough of a grader. 

Overall, I would recommend both of these classes through Doane. Very easy to get A's in both if you put in the effort and do the readings from the textbook. 

• 1 month later...
On 2/27/2020 at 7:19 PM, Millman said:

Are the quizzes extremely hard and is there an actual book it is it just an online book ?  Is everything multiple choice and what is needed for the labs ? I  am debating btw doane or straighter line , but I am not sure which one would be easier . . Any Input I would greatly appreciate.  

Hi @Millman,

I've taken both A&P courses through Doane online and received A's in both courses. 

The quizzes are straightforward and if you've done the reading you'll do just fine. The book can be purchased as a hard copy or as an E-book. You'll have this option when you purchase the McGraw Hill connect access, which is where many of the courses activities and quizzes will take place. 

Most labs are virtual, others will require you to purchase some items from the grocery store to do activities at home. 

Doane is convenient for those who are working, but it is expensive when compared to community college courses.  

• 2 months later...
On 3/3/2020 at 2:52 PM, JDraper said:

Hi @Millman,

I've taken both A&P courses through Doane online and received A's in both courses. 

The quizzes are straightforward and if you've done the reading you'll do just fine. The book can be purchased as a hard copy or as an E-book. You'll have this option when you purchase the McGraw Hill connect access, which is where many of the courses activities and quizzes will take place. 

Most labs are virtual, others will require you to purchase some items from the grocery store to do activities at home. 

Doane is convenient for those who are working, but it is expensive when compared to community college courses.  

What is the cost for the online Doane courses?

• 2 weeks later...