Interview Invites?

• 1 month later...

I read last years blog, and I'll say this, Wisco is looking for a very specific candidate based on their website, or are picking some extreme creme-de-la-crop!! Im guessing the former, they really want to kick out primary providers and like students coming from rural areas, particulary, rural or underserved urban wisconsin.

Wisco recently added a video of their informational session they have once a month. If you have applied to Wisconsin, it's a great 30 mins to watch. It really tells you who they are looking for and the interview process.

They had 700+ CASPA applicants last year, that got par'd down to 580 that actually "qualified" based on pre-reqs. 424 returned the supplemental app. And they invite 70-80 interviewees. The interview is in Jan, you are notified in mid Dec whether you are invited or not. You come with 7-8 other applicants, get a tour, meet with students and have 2 seperate 15-20 min interviews with 3-4 interviewers. Laid back, they just want to "talk"!

Having a 3.9 GPA and saying nothing about yourself will not got you an interview. They actually look at the applicant as a whole. They rank the interviewees based on "Acceptability" to their program. I've read in past posts how applicants have applied and not gotten an interview, but got one at Yale. They just don't care about high GPAs. They want a complete candidate. Just an FYI to everyone :)

Hope this eases some nerves for those of us that applied to Wisco, it did for me!

hi rudypa!

this is funny...i actually just watched this video and then decided to come on here to see if anyone had been posting anything for this year's cycle...it is a good video to watch i must say! have you checked out the other ime videos? they make me so excited to get into pa school one day! although this is my first year of applying and i had a wee bit of a crazy summer, so my application was not the earliest! so we will see what happens, will definitely keep trying if this year doesn't work out.

my friend kelsey graduated from uw-madison, she LOVED it here! i just got to catch up with her a few weeks ago at a wedding after not seeing each other for years and i had told her i applied here. she had so very many positive things to say not only about the pa pgrm, but also the people and city of madison as well. i definitely know who's ever applied to this school made a very good decision!

anyways, good luck to everyone! i really don't want time to fly as i have so many things to catch up on, but i am really crossing my fingers and it is so hard to wait for things like this!!

:) jeanette

• 1 month later...
A friend of mine was in contact with the program and they said we should hear on Monday 12/13 if we will be granted an interview of not...e-mail will come first and then an official letter via US mail :-) Good luck everyone! :):)

BOO!! Bad intel!!! ;) Monday 12/13 @ 3:15pm

Orrrr, Im on the naughty list!!

you guys are all making me feel much better here...i mean checking your email every hour isn't obsessive compulsive is it (and that's a very conservative estimate!!)? last year they sent out notices on the 15th, so i bet we will have to wait until tomorrow...uggghhh...i MUST find another distraction!!

Archived