Sign in to follow this  
mn12345

Shadowing in Minnesota

I live in the Minneapolis/Twin Cities area and for me, it was pretty hard landing a shadowing opportunity. Many people said I could, but then they would never get back to me. Twin Cities Orthopedics has a shadowing/observing form where you can select which sites you could shadow at and say how many times/hours you would need. Initially I only put in locations in Burnsville, but I filled out the form again and shadowed in Blaine and Coon Rapids! They gave me several days to shadow in different settings and was a great experience. I am going to check in with a dermatology clinic in Edina to see if they offer shadowing. Please let me know where else in MN people have shadowed 🙂

https://tcomn.com/careers/ 

scroll to the Job Shadow application

Edited by knicole

I have shadowed at TRIA (kinda interesting program, you have to attend a "day in the Life"4 hour session with different healthcare providers to get shadowing, and you only get 4 hours, BUT i was able to get more by asking the director and the PA I had shadowed!)

I have also shadowed through park Nicollet-there's an email on their site to contact. It took a loooong time for both times I did it to get a PA response but I got to shadow in the ER and an orthopedic PA.

I have also had good luck through Northfield Hospital if that isn't too far for you! 

I've shadowed an ortho-spine PA in surgery and clinic at Gillette Children's. They have a form on their website that you can fill out to request to shadow through their observer program. I also just arranged some shadowing in the ED at Regions Hospital through a friend of mine who works there. I tried to shadow at Northfield Hospital & Clinics but they aren't currently taking any observers, but it would definitely be worth looking into in the future!

I was able to schedule shadowing hours with St. Cloud Orthopedics. Just email them your request and someone should get in contact with you about dates and times. 

I shadowed a PA in internal medicine at Region's in St. Paul. Definitely worth checking out if you're interested. I would recommend essentially cold-calling one of the PAs.