PA Info session/ Campus Tour

3 hours ago, Brianna said:

Applied this cycle to MCPHS Boston and signed up for the info session tomorrow evening. Just wondering if anybody went was this worth your time/ something I should attend?

Hey, I went to the one that they had a while ago before the application cycle opened. To be honest, it made me less enthusiastic about their program. Although, I would still attend if accepted because you can't pass up an admission to a program. The info session was a little disorganized and the faculty didn't have any answers to my questions. The information on the powerpoint is everything that is already on their website so there was no "new" information. The only thing that I learned was that they have a number of pre-pa pathway students that are enrolled in the PA incoming class if they meet certain requirements. Essentially, they have a class of 100 but about 25 students or so come from the pre-pa pathway program from undergrad. This leaves less seats open for the outside applicants. 

If your local and want to see the school, I'd suggest going but other than that I would not waste my time. You wont be missing out on much. Good luck!! 

17 hours ago, rfo1234 said:

Hey, I went to the one that they had a while ago before the application cycle opened. To be honest, it made me less enthusiastic about their program. Although, I would still attend if accepted because you can't pass up an admission to a program. The info session was a little disorganized and the faculty didn't have any answers to my questions. The information on the powerpoint is everything that is already on their website so there was no "new" information. The only thing that I learned was that they have a number of pre-pa pathway students that are enrolled in the PA incoming class if they meet certain requirements. Essentially, they have a class of 100 but about 25 students or so come from the pre-pa pathway program from undergrad. This leaves less seats open for the outside applicants. 

If your local and want to see the school, I'd suggest going but other than that I would not waste my time. You wont be missing out on much. Good luck!! 

Thank you so much for the info! I think I will skip it!