Survey Biochemistry Course For Pre-Requisite

Anyone have any insight into the Biochemistry prerequisite for some schools that require a biochemsitry class and the downside to registering for a survey biochemistry course vs. a biochemistry (for majors) course? 

I am a post-B.A. graduate now picking and choosing certain required classes from those that seem most applicable in pre-req's for my application, and at this point I have found a Biochemistry course that is listed as a 'Survey Biochemistry' course and not the actual Intro to Biochem. class listed for majors. The main reason for doing so is because I haven't actually fulfilled the Organic Chemistry requirement and have found enough schools to not deem Chemistry + Organic necessary for their admission and given that Organic would be an entire year added to where I am today with all of this coming out of pocket. Not only would the cost be detrimental to me, but the timeframe I'm looking at for sanity sake to actual apply into schools is starting to wear on me (for full transparency sake...). I'm just really eager to get into the P.A. school side of things and begin learning more applicable (even it it be more difficult) information given my desire to sit in a lab all day and do chemical equations are sitting around the 0% range. 

Any insight is greatly appreciated -- I know some schools have specifically listed that a survey course does not fulfill this pre-requisite, but I figure if it comes to it, I can cross that bridge when I get there if it turns out to be absolutely necessary at that time, but I don't want to take the class for the time being if none of the schools seem to be accepting it or if it will actually be detrimental to my application in the long run. Thanks for any insight you can offer!

-Michael 

The downside of taking survey biochem vs biochem is that some schools say survey won't meet the requirement (Wake Forest for example). So I would look at the schools you intend to apply to and make sure that they'll accept survey. I've seen other schools list biochemistry as just a recommended course so maybe you could get away with survey there. Hope this helped!