Loan Repayment for Service

I am currently finishing up my didactic portion of PA school and considering the amount of loan debt I will have, I am considering enlisting into the airforce or navy after completing PA school in 12/2020.  I was previously an Occupational Therapist though I am not sure if that will matter regarding pay etc. If anyone has advice regarding this process and details on loan repayment, I would greatly appreciate it.

• 2 weeks later...

@pursuitofPA

Direct commissioning into Navy after graduating PA school is difficult, in a sense, they require at least two years experience as a PA.

If you really want, to join the navy, should apply for the scholarship now. You might get atleast one year of benefits which will also guarantee your commissioning after graduation.  If you wait until after graduation, then the navy will most definitely ask for 2 year experience. Army or air force, might have different requirements. 

Hope this helps.

• Upvote 1