2019-2020 TJU- Center City

1 hour ago, Wendyg said:

I sent an email today declining my interview invite for Sept 17th as I have gained acceptance at the TJU New Jersey campus! Hopefully this will give someone else an opportunity. Best of luck everyone!

When did you submit you application? If you don’t mind would you share your stats and any information on the interview ?

Congratulations!! All our hard work as finally paid off! 

@ChristineAndersonPrePA Hi! Thank you! I submitted May 17th and was verified May 20th.

Stats at time of submission:

cGPA 3.48

sGPA 3.41

volunteer hours: 148 (Worked with under-served families, tutored children in variety of school subjects. I also went on a medical mission trip to Peru where I worked with under-served families)

PA shadowing hours: 21 (PA in an orthopedics department)

PCE Hours: ~6,500 ( I worked as an EMT-B for about two years and then transitioned to an urgent care setting where I have been working as an urgent care tech for the last 2 1/2 years)

The interview was very laid back and included the formal interview, campus tour, program presentation, Q&A session with current students, and a writing sample.

Edited by Wendyg

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, PAtobe2846 said:

Hey guys, just received an invitation to interview on November 12. I’m super excited! Could those who have already interviewed please tell us what the day is like(itinerary) and how the interview went? Thanks!

Yes, just to echo PAtobe- curious about how the day is run! The invitation email didn't have much info. Is it just one interview? How long are they? Are they one-on-one? Thank you!

3.88cGPA, 3.8sGPA, did 2 minors(chem and Spanish).

Over 4000 Hours of PCE, over 600 hours of HCE(current job). Worked as a CNA, CMA and Phlebotomist and now a lab tech.

55 hours of research, was involved in campus activities (medical sciences club(president), Spanish club(Vice President), 3 choirs, theatre, etc.

40 shadowing hours(family Med, pediatric pulmonology and cystic fibrosis, pediatric ortho and dermatology) and over 300 hours of volunteering in both medical and non medical.

And I’m from Oklahoma 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, PAtobe2846 said:
3.88cGPA, 3.8sGPA, did 2 minors(chem and Spanish).

Over 4000 Hours of PCE, over 600 hours of HCE(current job). Worked as a CNA, CMA and Phlebotomist and now a lab tech.

55 hours of research, was involved in campus activities (medical sciences club(president), Spanish club(Vice President), 3 choirs, theatre, etc.

40 shadowing hours(family Med, pediatric pulmonology and cystic fibrosis, pediatric ortho and dermatology) and over 300 hours of volunteering in both medical and non medical.

And I’m from Oklahoma 

Wow those are some outstanding stats! I’m bet you’ll get in, congratulations and good luck!