2019-2020 TJU- Center City

On 10/7/2019 at 9:19 AM, Sydneygettel said:

Hey what time did you actually get done interviewing? My flight time changed and now I'm worried I'll miss my flight. 

We finished around 2, but that was for the people who were for the MPH/PA dual degree, as we had a 3rd interview at the end. So you might get out earlier if you aren't applying for the dual degree program. 

3 hours ago, christinamb said:

Hi! 
TJU is my #1 choice for PA school and I would love to hear more about the program! If there are any current students on this forum that could tell me what they loved most about the program, I would greatly appreciate it!🙂 What makes TJU unique? What was your favorite thing about the program (classes, professors, environment)? 

Also, I was talking to some former students and they explained that the TJU PA program enforces a somewhat strict computer policy. Is this still true? How did this affect your studying habits? Did you find it was more of a benefit or a hindrance? 

Thank you in advance for your help!! 

I'm not a current student but at the interview they told us that all students get ipads at the start of school. They do not have an anti computer policy. I believe that is a policy at one of the other campuses (east falls maybe?) 

5 hours ago, christinamb said:

Hi! 
TJU is my #1 choice for PA school and I would love to hear more about the program! If there are any current students on this forum that could tell me what they loved most about the program, I would greatly appreciate it!🙂 What makes TJU unique? What was your favorite thing about the program (classes, professors, environment)? 

Also, I was talking to some former students and they explained that the TJU PA program enforces a somewhat strict computer policy. Is this still true? How did this affect your studying habits? Did you find it was more of a benefit or a hindrance? 

Thank you in advance for your help!! 

Not a current student, but was interviewed and was accepted to TJU Center City. Just FYI- their website stresses inter-professional development through their Health Mentors Program, but current students mentioned that it actually isn't a big part of their education (they said they only participated 2-3 times). Take this with a grain a salt, but it's just something to keep in mind if that was an aspect that makes TJU a top choice for you/if it's something you're planning on working into your interview answers.  It sounded like there were a lot of other amazing aspects of the program though (e.g., pre-establish and diverse rotation sites, the students felt very prepared going into clinical year, students felt supported by staff members, they have excellent resources, and learn about each organ system holistically)!

42 minutes ago, ddicicco said:

I interviewed on 9/10. I was originally waitlisted but just received an acceptance call yesterday!!! I would love to chat with other accepted students.

Wow, That is so great to hear! 

Im on the waitlist for the dual degree program and I'm hoping I get a call as well. 

Congrats and Good luck!! 

1 hour ago, ddicicco said:

I interviewed on 9/10. I was originally waitlisted but just received an acceptance call yesterday!!! I would love to chat with other accepted students.

I interviewed 9/17 and was originally waitlisted - also got an acceptance call yesterday! PM me! 
@msnoodle do you know if there is a facebook group yet?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, emoorefi said:

I interviewed 9/17 and was originally waitlisted - also got an acceptance call yesterday! PM me! 
@msnoodle do you know if there is a facebook group yet?

Congrats 🎉🎉 I interviewed that day too! I'm sure we met! I havent seen any Facebook group yet...I think they will make an official one later on though. Happy to connect through text or Facebook with you all individually! So excited 😄

Edited by msnoodle

1 hour ago, Amandaclemy said:

Does anyone know how many seats they have per class? I have an interview in December so I am trying to gauge if they will be full by then 

I believe it’s 50, but in my interview they said they waitlist a lot of people specifically because they do not fill their class until everyone has interviewed to give a fair chance to everyone

Anyone on the Waitlist hear anything? I applied for the dual degree MPH/ PA, interviewed on October 1st, waitlisted on the 3rd, and haven't heard anything since. 

I know they said they only accept 10 students for the dual degree so I'm not getting my hopes up 😞

Edited by Dippylal