Interviews?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just had my interview last Friday...DO NOT FLY TO STATE COLLEGE VIA PHILLY! What a nightmare! They cancel ALL the flights the day of until one is full!

The interview went GREAT! I was so happy that they were relaxed and not intimidating (Marquette was extremely intimidating and I felt like I was being interrogated with no feedback whatsoever). They did a lot of talking so it was very much like a dialogue. I walked out feeling like I have a really good chance of getting in. They were so nice and allowed me to be myself! I don't think I did so well on the exam...I hope thats not a factor in their decision! The essay was easy though. Cannot wait until the end of the week!!! I hope I get the letter before my next interview on Saturday!

Did anyone catch how many people they are interviewing TOTAL for the 70 seats???

I heard 700 applicants, and they are interviewing 250 (or already interviewed 250???) Not sure which one it was...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I just emailed Lori because I'm considering applying to a few more schools whose deadlines are March 1st. They are having a meeting Feb 28th and making final decisions then, so the letters won't come in the mail til after that! I'm glad she answered! Sucks having to wait so long though!

Is this snail mail or email?

I'm not sure...I guess I assumed snail mail since that's how they did the initial decisions, but I really wish they would call or email! Us west-coasties have to wait forever for the mail! At this point I don't want to ask again because I feel bad pestering them. Maybe you should?!

Well, I can answer one of the questions from above. It's snail mail! I got my letter today. I've been "selected as an alternate" for this years class, which is a lovely way of saying I've been wait listed (#7 on the list, which isn't all that promising, I'm afraid...I gotta believe that it'd be unusual for 7 people in front of me to turn down a spot at this point but I have no choice but to wait). Good luck to all who are waiting and I'll keep an eye on the board to hear everyone else's news!

dusty47, #7 is REALLY GOOD! With a class of what, 70 people?, there is a very HIGH chance you will get in. ask someone at the school what the previous numbers have been. I am #12 on the waitlist at Samuel Merritt (a class of only 36) and last year 12 people were taken off the waitlist, and even more the years before that! I am like you, thinking its hard to imagine who would turn them down but many people get into multiple schools and Lock Haven may not be their top choice (its not mine but I'm going to take what I can get). Haven't gotten my letter yet, probably tomorrow. They take people off the waitlist up until class starts so don't give up! You are in a much better position than I am since you are in the top 10 at a school with a large class size. Good luck!!!

I haven't heard anything either. A friend of mine heard on Friday, but it was the same with interview letters, she got hers 4 or 5 days earlier than me. I don't know why..maybe they send them out in alphabetical order (I'm near the end of the alphabet). But I am glad to know that I am not the only one who is still waiting.

Archived