Francis Marion University 2019-2020 Applicants

Guys I keep checking this thread. I am still hopeful for movement on the waitlist. I know another school close-ish just interviewed so there could be some movement after that school sends acceptance responses out. There is still a chance so fingers crossed. From my understanding people on the waitlist can get in up until 2 days after classes have officially started, someone correct me if I am wrong on this.

Guest mands
1 hour ago, aerialPA said:

Guys I keep checking this thread. I am still hopeful for movement on the waitlist. I know another school close-ish just interviewed so there could be some movement after that school sends acceptance responses out. There is still a chance so fingers crossed. From my understanding people on the waitlist can get in up until 2 days after classes have officially started, someone correct me if I am wrong on this.

Me too! I'm still hopeful! It's such a lovely school that I would love to be apart of. We are about more or less 3 weeks from when we get our firm answer of "yes" or "no". It's rough because I already have interviews from this new cycle, but I would give them all up for a space with FMU! 

Guest mands
54 minutes ago, PAJourney148 said:

Has anyone heard from them yet??

Nope 😞 nothing.... I actually have reapplied for the january start programs on caspa. a little heart broken, but def nothing else I could have done!!! 🙂  how about all the others on the waitlist?! are you reapplying??

On 7/22/2020 at 6:24 AM, futurePA145 said:

I gave up my seat in the program later last week because I got accepted to my top choice this cycle. Not sure if they have given it to someone else yet or not. I hope one of you gets a call!

Thanks for letting us know and congrats on your acceptance to the other school. Is FMU all online for the incoming rotation?. I am really hoping for this waitlist to work in my favor. 

7 hours ago, mands said:

Nope 😞 nothing.... I actually have reapplied for the january start programs on caspa. a little heart broken, but def nothing else I could have done!!! 🙂  how about all the others on the waitlist?! are you reapplying??

I have applied for several schools. I actually have 4 more that I still need to complete. I really hope they aren’t too late. Also I’m still really hopeful for this waitlist. If I remember correctly they interviewed 96? And accepted 30? So maybe 10 are on the waitlist and 1 got in right away so maybe the odds are good. 
anyone please correct me if you know anything more as all of this is just guessing on trends. It ain’t over till it’s over!!! I just have this weird feeling and I really hope it’s something good 🤞🏼

Guest mands
14 hours ago, aerialPA said:

I have applied for several schools. I actually have 4 more that I still need to complete. I really hope they aren’t too late. Also I’m still really hopeful for this waitlist. If I remember correctly they interviewed 96? And accepted 30? So maybe 10 are on the waitlist and 1 got in right away so maybe the odds are good. 
anyone please correct me if you know anything more as all of this is just guessing on trends. It ain’t over till it’s over!!! I just have this weird feeling and I really hope it’s something good 🤞🏼

Yes! this is on top of the fact that of the 10 people, all stay on there.... I'm sure some people have dropped the waitlist in pursuit of other programs. 

Those numbers sound about right. I can't imagine more than 10 being on the waitlist.... We have 18 days left, and if theres anytime for there to be movement of the waitlist, I think it would be towards the beginning and towards the end of this time period. Truly, fingers crossed!

• 4 months later...