On 10/22/2019 at 1:05 PM, sylasking said:

Congratulations! I received an interview for November 9th - any information on how to prepare for the mock PBL section of the interview? Also, how did guys dress, shirt and tie or nicer? 

There is no way to prepare for mock PBL. Just be yourself and try to contribute to the conversation. It is run by a 2nd year student and some 1st year students so I am not sure how much it determines your acceptance. For instance, I did not talk that much as I do not have a great deal of medical background however, other applicants talked a lot because they had been working as EMTs or as athletic trainers for awhile. Overall it is just a brainstorming activity and it was cool to see how they learn. 

All the guys wore suit and tie. 

On 10/22/2019 at 5:18 PM, mjacobs7 said:

Has anyone received follow up since their acceptance call yesterday? I was freaking out on the phone I barely recall the conversation. Also has anyone created a facebook page?

Yes I received more information this morning! Once you pay the deposit you will get an email from Tyson. In it he tells you to join the Facebook page “Chatham University Physician Assistant Studies Class of 2022”

22 hours ago, haiPA said:

Can anyone who has already been to the interview remember if they have a cadaver lab? I was at the interview on Sept. 28th but cannot remember learning about anatomy/phys lab. Also, to any current students- how do you like PBL? At the interview, I thought it seemed like a fun way to learn, however, I have since read some negative forums about this from years ago, but wondering about current student views? 🙂

Yes they do have a cadaver lab! They weren't allowed to show us on the tour, but I have been in there for class and it is pretty nice! There is a small locker section for bags and things outside of the rooms, and then they have 2-3 rooms I think, and 4-6 fridges for cadavers. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PHELPS said:

Just got the email I am also placed on the waitlist. Probably for the best I heard Chatham was a terrible program and that if you get accepted there you should probably decline and go to another school. Real bad school...

Not sure where you’re hearing this from or what facts you have to support that, but not really appropriate to post on these threads. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...