2019-2020 University of the Cumberlands

• 3 weeks later...

I emailed the admissions due to not receiving a confirmation email. I wanted to ensure they would consider my application. They responded that all required documents have been received, but that was it. I considered calling Shonda Powers (You can reach me via call or text at 606-268-6718 or via email at shonda.powers@ucumberlands.edu. ). This is the last school I need to hear from, and I am considering taking a few classes this fall 2019 semester to better my application for next cycle. But if I do not drop the class prior to August 30th I will lose A LOT of money. 

1 hour ago, benners2 said:

I emailed the admissions due to not receiving a confirmation email. I wanted to ensure they would consider my application. They responded that all required documents have been received, but that was it. I considered calling Shonda Powers (You can reach me via call or text at 606-268-6718 or via email at shonda.powers@ucumberlands.edu. ). This is the last school I need to hear from, and I am considering taking a few classes this fall 2019 semester to better my application for next cycle. But if I do not drop the class prior to August 30th I will lose A LOT of money. 

I emailed Shonda yesterday asking about confirmation emails and she replied back with this:

“Not yet. We’re still reviewing over 200 applications. We hope to have emails out by mid to late August.

— Shonda”

So hopefully we will know something soon! Good luck!

Also, has anyone had any trouble with receiving emails from other programs? So far 4/5 programs I’ve talked to said they had sent me confirmation emails but I never got them in inbox or junk mail. I’ve heard it’s an issue between CASPA and hotmail/gmail addresses, but just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this!
Edited by emh2012

I got an email from them the end of last week asking if I could send a course outline for one of the courses I took, so hopefully that's a good sign that they're starting to review applications! They also say on their website that they'll send invites at least one week before the interviews, and it also says dateS set. It maybe splitting hairs, but maybe that means there's a handful of interview dates? Idk though.

From what I’ve heard since they do not do rolling admission, they did not start reviewing applications until the due date (sept 1) so everyone is on a level playing field no matter when you turned in your application. I turned my app in early June and just got an email last week asking for a course syllabus for one of my classes.

6 minutes ago, Kbeals said:

From what I’ve heard since they do not do rolling admission, they did not start reviewing applications until the due date (sept 1) so everyone is on a level playing field no matter when you turned in your application. I turned my app in early June and just got an email last week asking for a course syllabus for one of my classes.

Ohhhh this makes more sense now. If you don't mind me asking, where did you hear they don't do rolling admission? I also believe their deadline was August 1st rather than September 1st.

Edited by ccallen5

2 minutes ago, ccallen5 said:

Ohhhh this makes more sense now. If you don't mind me asking, where did you hear they don't do rolling admission? I also believe their deadline was August 1st rather than September 1st.

Sorry, yes it was Aug. 1! (So many different dates to keep track of!) And one of the admissions staff mentioned it when we were talking.

• 2 weeks later...

I just received an interview invite via email. They did not provide a date as of yet as they said that dates will be assigned based on the time of RSVPing, but they mentioned that you must RSVP by Sept. 3 or risk forfeiting your invitation (not sure if that's the last day they will be sending invitations, but I'd say it's unlikely).

Best of luck to everyone! 🙂

• Like 2