Eastern Michigan University 2019-2020 application cycle

16 hours ago, Bwatt25 said:

For those of you who got an interview, do you mind sharing stats? I felt like I had a very strong application but was rejected. Thanks in advance!

neuroscience major; cGPA: 3.8; sGPA: 3.7; GRE: 309; 3000+ pce hrs as cna, pca, ma, home health care aide, international healthcare trip; involved in several extracurricular activities and leadership roles on college campus; ample volunteer experience; anatomy lab TA; various shadowing experiences 

18 hours ago, Bwatt25 said:

For those of you who got an interview, do you mind sharing stats? I felt like I had a very strong application but was rejected. Thanks in advance!

cGPA: 3.39

sGPA: 3.42

Last 60 Hours GPA: 3.98

GRE: 163 Quantitative, 159 Verbal (322 Total), 4.5 writing

PCE: 1500+ hours as CNA

Volunteer: 500+ hours

Shadowing: 80+ hours

5000+ hours working various jobs outside of healthcare

Edited by ilovedogs3523

18 hours ago, Bwatt25 said:

Biology major (bachelor of arts)

cGPA 3.64 

sGPA 3.46

3000+ PCE hours as a STNA/CNA

GRE: 163 verbal, 155 quantitive (318 total), 5.0 writing 

4000+ hours as a retail manager at a zoo

No shadowing hours but work at a Level One Trauma Center med-surge floor

300+ volunteer hours with Girls on the Run and German American Festival Society

Got the “invite” yesterday

19 hours ago, Bwatt25 said:

Congrats to everyone who got an interview! Still unsure of why I was rejected.. wondering if I should reach out to the school and ask what I could do to make my application stronger?

I did not get an interview either but I knew I had some things to work on. I will retake my GRE and keep taking more classes to plump up my gpa. What are your stats?

46 minutes ago, Boz21 said:

Did anyone receive an email verification after you sent your interview acceptance email back to them? I think we should hear back on or after October 11th but I just wanted to make sure. Thanks everyone and best of luck! 🙂

I emailed back an interview acceptance Friday but have not received an email verification since. I am assuming we will hear back October 11th as well.

On 9/29/2019 at 7:04 AM, RMariner said:

I did not get an interview either but I knew I had some things to work on. I will retake my GRE and keep taking more classes to plump up my gpa. What are your stats?

cGPA: 3.72

sGPA: 3.6

pGPA: 3.83

GRE: 303 combined, 4.5 analytical

PCE: 2000+ hours (CNA in a hospital)

HCE: 500+ hours (volunteer in a childrens hospital, overseas medical mission trip)

Volunteer: 1500+ hours (free clinic in Detroit, tutor at an underprivileged school in Detroit, cheer coach, local animal shelter)

Teaching/Leadership: 1000+ (4H teacher, latchkey teacher)

I was thinking that it might be my GRE score, but my friend who got an interview had a 300 combined and a 3.5 analytical....

7 minutes ago, Bwatt25 said:

cGPA: 3.72

sGPA: 3.6

pGPA: 3.83

GRE: 303 combined, 4.5 analytical

PCE: 2000+ hours (CNA in a hospital)

HCE: 500+ hours (volunteer in a childrens hospital, overseas medical mission trip)

Volunteer: 1500+ hours (free clinic in Detroit, tutor at an underprivileged school in Detroit, cheer coach, local animal shelter)

Teaching/Leadership: 1000+ (4H teacher, latchkey teacher)

I was thinking that it might be my GRE score, but my friend who got an interview had a 300 combined and a 3.5 analytical....

And 20 hours shadowing in a level 1 trauma ER with two PAs

1 hour ago, alex97 said:

Is there anyone that hasn’t heard back yet? When I applied back in June they said they would get back no later than 10/1 and I haven’t heard anything since

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm.. no matter what, you should have heard. You got the two emails from caspa and emu after you submitted your apps saying that everything was complete? 

Hmm.. no matter what, you should have heard. You got the two emails from caspa and emu after you submitted your apps saying that everything was complete? 

Yeah I got both. The one from EMU said it went thru a preliminary review and I meet the min requirements

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Mm1989 said:

Anyone who accepted their interview hear anything back yet with further details? I know they stated it would be on 10/11, I keep refreshing my email as I'm super eager!

I got my email update about a half an hour ago. It sounds like we won't even been doing the online interview until November.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/8/2019 at 10:10 AM, et51692 said:

I have not received anything from EMU since the email informing us more instructions were to come in November..

I still have not heard anything back yet about the online interview since October 11th. I REALLY hope they let us know come Monday! If not, I think I am going to call and see what is going on. 

8 minutes ago, Futurepa198137 said:

Did you happen to call today? I’m so anxious, and I was thinking about calling as well!

They did not answer. I would say to call if you can, it can't hurt. Please let us know what they say if they do. I wish they would give us the date it will open so that we know what to expect and plan for it. I pray it opens this week. I know I am not the only one that will be gone most of next week traveling with family for thanksgiving. 

-I wonder if they are experiencing problems with the new interview software or something. 

Best of luck everyone, hopefully we hear more soon! 🙂