Eastern Michigan University 2019-2020 application cycle

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think EMU usually starts sending out interview invites around the 19th of September.

I applied during the 2017 cycle and got an interview and waitlisted. I think I flubbed a question during the interview about the program's problem-based learning. Since then I have taken upper-division biochemistry and genetics courses. Last 60 GPA is 3.8, pre-req GPA is 3.9, sGPA is 3.2, GRE 320, prior master's degree in speech-pathology, and 15000 hours experience as a medical SLP treating swallowing disorders. Hopefully it's my turn this year.

Edited by laferri2
  • Like 2

On 9/13/2019 at 9:57 AM, laferri2 said:

I think EMU usually starts sending out interview invites around the 19th of September.

I applied during the 2017 cycle and got an interview and waitlisted. I think I flubbed a question during the interview about the program's problem-based learning. Since then I have taken upper-division biochemistry and genetics courses. Last 60 GPA is 3.8, pre-req GPA is 3.9, sGPA is 3.2, GRE 320, prior master's degree in speech-pathology, and 15000 hours experience as a medical SLP treating swallowing disorders. Hopefully it's my turn this year.

Good luck! I'm nervous that my GRE scores are going to hold me down... may need to retake. Wasn't sure how to prepare the first time around. What was the time frame between getting the email, the interview and then the determination if you remember? Just curious!! 

If I recall correctly, I think interview invites usually roll out between the middle and end of September. Interviews happen in October. I think I got my waitlist notice in the beginning of November but people were getting accepted before then. Back in 2017 they interviewed like 130 people, accepted 30, and waitlisted 30.

• Upvote 1

On 9/15/2019 at 10:00 PM, laferri2 said:

If I recall correctly, I think interview invites usually roll out between the middle and end of September. Interviews happen in October. I think I got my waitlist notice in the beginning of November but people were getting accepted before then. Back in 2017 they interviewed like 130 people, accepted 30, and waitlisted 30.

Thank you! Good luck to you and everyone applying 

1 hour ago, gallivaa said:

Has anyone recieved an interview invite yet? I heard they usually send them out this time of the month!

Not yet! I read the forums from the last few years and it sounds like they get sent out the last week of September. Almost the last business day... so it's looking like closer to 9/30! I keep checking my email every few hours. Good luck to you. Let us know what you all hear!!!

On 9/20/2019 at 12:22 PM, RMariner said:

Not yet! I read the forums from the last few years and it sounds like they get sent out the last week of September. Almost the last business day... so it's looking like closer to 9/30! I keep checking my email every few hours. Good luck to you. Let us know what you all hear!!!

Back in 2017 I was contacted on 9-27, so hopefully invites will start rolling out by Friday.

9 hours ago, nelayan said:

Do you mind sharing your stats? GPA, GRE score, etc.?

cGPA: 3.84

sGPA: 3.85

GRE: 303; 4.5

PCE: 850 hours as EMT-B at private EMS company (IFTs and 911 calls)

Volunteer: 80+ hours medical mission trip, 24+ hours at a local Girl Scout camp

Leadership/Teaching: Started a student org, 4 leadership positions on campus, Human Anatomy lab TA (~350 hours)

Best of luck to you and everyone else applying! 🙂