Is it too late?

23 hours ago, virtuous woman said:

https://www.mdc.edu/physicianassistant/

Please keep in mind there are bachelors (and even associates) degrees in physician assistant studies. Above is a link to a program at Miami Dade College where you do both an associate in science and a bachelor of applied science with concentrations in physician assistant studies. It appears that once you've completed it, you're ready to take the PANCE (certification exam). This program should save you time and a considerable amount of money, especially if you can establish Florida residency first.

You keep bringing up your IQ as a reason why you think you can't do it. To this day, I have no idea what my IQ even is. That didn't stop me from becoming a physician assistant. It's not about your IQ, it's about working hard and believing that you can do it. Because you can. 

Thank you sir for your reply to my post. Would you know if there are any programs in the state of Georgia? Right now its hard to work my way down to Florida. I am also assuming the program is not online. I like the program and I would consider it for sure. I would just need to find one in the state of Georgia for it to work out. 

I would have to find a job in Florida. Transfer all my certifications as well which can take a while and then hopefully land a job within a considerable amount of time. From my view right now it just seems a bit unreasonable for me to move down to Florida. I will however look in the state of Georgia for some programs 

Thank you sir for your advice and I greatly appreciate it. 

13 hours ago, ohiovolffemtp said:

Many states require a masters degree to grant prescribing rights.  So, even if the Miami Dade program permits you to take PANCE, it may not get you what you need to have to work in those states.

I was not aware of that so thank you. It's just unfortunate that a Master's degree has officially become a barrier to entry to a profession intended to help alleviate the healthcare shortage, especially when PAs without Master's degrees had to pass the exact same PANCE. 

2 hours ago, MattC1420 said:

Thank you sir for your reply to my post. Would you know if there are any programs in the state of Georgia? Right now its hard to work my way down to Florida. I am also assuming the program is not online. I like the program and I would consider it for sure. I would just need to find one in the state of Georgia for it to work out. 

I would have to find a job in Florida. Transfer all my certifications as well which can take a while and then hopefully land a job within a considerable amount of time. From my view right now it just seems a bit unreasonable for me to move down to Florida. I will however look in the state of Georgia for some programs 

Thank you sir for your advice and I greatly appreciate it. 

There are several PA programs in Georgia. I don't think any PA programs are online, though.  Here's a link to the list of all accredited programs: http://www.arc-pa.org/accreditation/accredited-programs/. And you're very welcome. 

PS: I'm not a "sir" (see my name).