Genetics course prerequisite

Applied to Texas Tech and received response that they couldn't take Molecular Genetics course because it's too specific. They want a general genetics course, but my school does not offer that type of course. Although I let them know I took a biology course that included general genetics, they would not accept it because it's not a genetics course. Anybody else have that problem? Suggestions? 

I also had this problem. I tried to petition it but they still said no. I sent them a few online courses for verification and I’m going to see if any of them qualify. It’s a big bummer, because I specifically took my course for PA school. It wasn’t even required for my major.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/18/2019 at 9:25 AM, SBARBARA96 said:

I also had this problem. I tried to petition it but they still said no. I sent them a few online courses for verification and I’m going to see if any of them qualify. It’s a big bummer, because I specifically took my course for PA school. It wasn’t even required for my major.

Have you found any online courses for Genetics that would be accepted?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...