medical billing & coding blogger wanted for CMN

Hi everyone! I'm a content manager with Consumer Media Network and we're looking for someone with medical billing and coding experience to work as a blogger for us on one of our field-specific websites. If you have experience in the health care industry (which I assume readers of this post do, since I did post it here in this active forum!) — particularly in the area of patient coding and insurance reimbursement — and are passionate about helping others learn more about this niche, we'd like to hear from you.

We're looking for a blogger who can write personable, informative, and engaging articles about medical billing, medical coding, and health care, as well as satisfactorily answer reader questions. Our blogger will publish daily posts and work with an editorial supervisor to fine-tune writing, brainstorm ideas, and oversee the site's ease of use and content quality. Our goal is to have our blogger maintain the authority and integrity of the site.

Ideal candidates will have:

- A degree or certificate of completion from a CAHIIM or AHIMA-accredited program.

- Work experience as a medical biller and/or coder.

- Familiarity with multiple code sets, such as the ICD-9-CM and upcoming ICD-10.

- Knowledge of general health care industry trends.

- Strong and clear writing.

- Experience with social media outlets to promote and enhance blog posts.

- A willingness to build and cultivate relationships in the medical billing/coding and health care field.

To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, and at least two writing samples (links are fine) to jobs@cmn.com, with “Medical billing and coding blogger” in the subject field. This is a full-time, telecommuting position. No phone calls, please!

Archived