Pregnant in the OR - total joints

Looking for advice.

Ortho PA here. My husband and I are discussing having children. I assist in surgery at my job- total joints. Total knees that use cement (PMMA) and fluro for total hips. Looking for advice from others who have been in this potential situation (trying to get pregnant/pregnant in the OR) and when you leave the room for the cement, how many layers of lead you have worn, and how you have approached your supervising doc about the sensitive subject. 

THANK YOU SO MUCH

• 7 months later...

Not a female, so can't speak from personal experience, but I would definitely make sure to bring this up in a manner that is verifiable in writing.  This would help your case if your employer were slimy and tried to punish you in some way for getting pregnant.  For example, maybe mention it to your surgeon personally, and then immediately send them an email (and also your practice manager or whoever is appropriate) as a "reminder."  This way there is a paper trail.

Maybe I'm overly cautious, but I think it is prudent to protect oneself.