Lipscomb University 2019-2020 Cycle

Hello all!

I started this forum to hopefully connect with everyone applying to Lipscomb this cycle! I wanted to see if anyone who has applied so far has received an interview invite? I just received one today. If anyone is planning on attending the August 23rd interview, please comment! 🙂 

Best wishes to you all! 

16 minutes ago, djones52 said:

I was verified on on 6/5, should I still keep up hope?

I would. The dates listed for me were Sept and Oct. Looking at last application cycle, they do interviews longer than that. So you may just end up getting an interview later on! However, that's without knowing your stats.

• 3 weeks later...

I applied at Lipscomb last year and got wait listed, 2 of my prerequisite were not completed at the time. I applied again in may for this cycle and I didn't get an interview invite. I have noticed that many re- applicants from the last year were not even considered for an interview invites. Is it possible for a school to not consider re-applicants or look at their application?

I consider myself a good applicant:  I am a Respiratory Therapist at Vanderbilt Medical Center with many certificates such as ACLS, BLS, NRP, and ABG endorsement. I have a 3.8 GPA and hundreds of volunteering hours and 50 shadowing hours. 

why do you think I did not receive an interview invite? 

• 1 month later...

Anyone received any recent news? Only thing I have received is the following email on 9 September...

Thank you for considering the Lipscomb University School of Physician Assistant Studies. Your verified application has been received and the admissions committee will conduct a holistic review. Should the committee have any questions or wish to invite you to interview they will reach out via email.

Average Profile of Accepted Applicants – 2018-2019 Cycle:

• Biology/Chemistry/Physics (BCP) GPA – 3.65
  • Overall Science GPA - 3.68
  • Overall Total GPA – 3.70
  • PA Shadowing Hours – 77
  • Patient Care Experience Hours: 1,554
  • Healthcare Related Experience Hours - 777
  • Volunteer Hours - 401

Best regards-

School of Physician Assistant Studies Admissions Committee

Lipscomb University