Sign in to follow this  
Grid123

HUGE mistake on personal statement, please advise

In my personal statement I talk about my experience a volunteer experience at a free clinic. Then I say: Motivated by this, I then participated in essentially another volunteer experience. However, the beginning of this phrase was mean to say "In addition to this” because I actually started volunteering at the latter place before the free clinic. Now the dates don’t add up with the timeline of my essay. I edited this essay with a professional writer and it was his suggestion to change “In addition to...” to “Motivated by this..” It was originally inserted into the essay however, I quickly realized the issue with this phrase and meant to revert to my original phrasing. It was just one sentence so I completely missed it on the review of my application prior to submitting. I am sick over this and I wouldn't want schools to think that I am fabricating hours in my favor. Does anyone have any suggestions? I've already been verified by CASPA. 

Edited by Grid123

I don’t think there is anything you can do to change what has been submitted.

Although, I don’t think you need to fret about this so much. I couldn’t imagine a school tossing you as an applicant, if they are interested in you, based on some dates that don’t add up exactly. They may ask about it in an interview, but you have an answer to that question. Good luck!

• Like 1

Months later, after I several interviews and acceptances I started PA school.  I let one of my classmates read my essay and found a huge grammatical error.  I had so many people read it and it was missed.  But it didn't seem to make a difference in my future.  

• Like 1