Retaking Non-Science Prereqs at a Community College Courses

Hey everyone! 

I’m a recent graduate from UCI that’s looking to start taking prerequisites for PA school. I graduated with a BA in a social science field (pretty average gpa. Ended with a 3.37), so I don’t have any science courses. I’ve been researching formal postbacc programs, but the tuition is something I don’t think I can pay for at this time.

I’ve been looking up Open University with CSUs to get a better idea, and it would be way cheaper to do prerequisites with an informal program. I’ve been seeing that most people suggest taking science courses at a university so I’m leaning towards that! However, for courses such as Statistics, Psychology (prerequisites that are NOT science) would it be acceptable to take those at a community college? I took both Stats and Psych during my undergrad but I want to retake them for better grades. 

Does anyone know if I’d be ok retaking those classes at a community college or if I should just go ahead and take them again at a local university?  

Side note to the main point of the post, but anyone with advice and stories on switching to the medical field after academics/professional careers/experience in other fields would be super helpful and reassuring!

I took a bunch of pre-reqs during my time at the CC for my AA, and even a few pre-reqs post-bacc at the same CC after getting my Bachelor's. 

You shouldn't have an issue and on top of it will save money as compared to taking some of them at the University.

The huge downside with those post-bacc programs is that they cost a lot of money as compared to doing them on your own at a CC.