Sign in to follow this  

Who here applied for the NHSC scholarship?

I didn't because I decided I wanted a little bit more latitude on future choices. Best of luck to you, though! I can't believe they make you wait so long.

I submitted an application for the scholar program a few days ago. I'm excited to hear back but four months is a looooong time. However, after I start my program, September will creep up fast. Good luck to everyone who applied!

I applied as well. I don't know if anyone has any better info about the chances, but out of my current class and the one before I think 1 out of 8 students that I know, were awarded a scholarship.

I applied as well and have heard nothing back yet. I checked the website and it says my application is still "Under Verification Review". Has anyone heard back yes or no about this scholarship yet?

I received an email on 8-3-12 stating that I was a finalist and I had 5 days to email back various forms. It also states that I will be notified by September 30 if I am awarded a scholarship and they will notify people who did not receive the scholarship by October 12. Good Luck everyone who applied!

I also got a finalist e-mail and the forms to be completed within 5 days on 8-3-12 :) I hear this is good news! Means one of two things, either you got the award or you are an alternate :) I bumped some other forums where it looked like most who are finalists receive the award-fingers crossed! It is driving me crazy, i.e. I keep checking the site and thinking about it all the time, lol.

Hey Allison - hang in there! I actually found out the first week of October the year I got my award. Another girl that I met on this forum didn't hear anything and assumed that she didn't get the scholarship... then one day in November a large lump sum of money showed up in her checking account from the Federal Gov't :-) Hang in there, the time will pass quickly!

Go figure that you are on here too Tami, lol. I'm hanging in here, just dieing to know!!! Had to go searching around to see what the word was on the street. As far as I know, no one else in class has heard from NHSC, or at least no one replied saying they had to my facebook message. FINGERS STILL CROSSED! Hope you are well :)

@Allison - the gator nation is everywhere :-) Relax, enjoy all your free time leading up to "sucktober" (HA) and hopefully you'll get some good news by the end of September/first week of October. I found out on October 5 (the day before PA day).

I got my award email today!! I wasn't expecting to hear anything until next month, but I guess they must have known that the anticipation was killing me lol. I hope everyone else is receiving good news too :-)

I also got my award today, so thrilled! Hang in there everyone, guessing from what I saw on another forum they don't all come out at the same time :) Congrats also to those who also got an award :)

Hi all! I just recently was accepted into a PA program and I am so excited but immediately thought I need to start searching for some scholarships. Would you all mind sharing which scholarship you are referring to or where I can apply for this and others? I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you in advance and congratulations to everyone who has gotten into school and have received scholarships :)

For those of you who received you Award emails on August 31st, did you receive a finalist email beforehand or were you automatically accepted for an award? Do you know if they are still sending out any rewards for PA students? Thanks!

@fdamico1985: We are talking about the National Health Service Corps Scholarship. You can find out more info on it at their website.

@live4tomorrow:I received a finalist email around August 3. I'm not sure if they are still sending out awards because we have an introduction to NHSC webinar this saturday (September 29)