Who here applied for the NHSC scholarship?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I received an email on 8-3-12 stating that I was a finalist and I had 5 days to email back various forms. It also states that I will be notified by September 30 if I am awarded a scholarship and they will notify people who did not receive the scholarship by October 12. Good Luck everyone who applied!

I also got a finalist e-mail and the forms to be completed within 5 days on 8-3-12 :) I hear this is good news! Means one of two things, either you got the award or you are an alternate :) I bumped some other forums where it looked like most who are finalists receive the award-fingers crossed! It is driving me crazy, i.e. I keep checking the site and thinking about it all the time, lol.

Hey Allison - hang in there! I actually found out the first week of October the year I got my award. Another girl that I met on this forum didn't hear anything and assumed that she didn't get the scholarship... then one day in November a large lump sum of money showed up in her checking account from the Federal Gov't :-) Hang in there, the time will pass quickly!

Go figure that you are on here too Tami, lol. I'm hanging in here, just dieing to know!!! Had to go searching around to see what the word was on the street. As far as I know, no one else in class has heard from NHSC, or at least no one replied saying they had to my facebook message. FINGERS STILL CROSSED! Hope you are well :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all! I just recently was accepted into a PA program and I am so excited but immediately thought I need to start searching for some scholarships. Would you all mind sharing which scholarship you are referring to or where I can apply for this and others? I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you in advance and congratulations to everyone who has gotten into school and have received scholarships :)

@fdamico1985: We are talking about the National Health Service Corps Scholarship. You can find out more info on it at their website.

@live4tomorrow:I received a finalist email around August 3. I'm not sure if they are still sending out awards because we have an introduction to NHSC webinar this saturday (September 29)

Archived