Sign in to follow this  
Letsdothis

2019-2020 Cycle Emory and Henry

Hey! Thanks for starting the thread. Wishing everyone the best this cycle!

Submitted and Verified July 1st. I also received an interview invite for September 14th. 

Im so excited I feel like crying! 

1 hour ago, Amilah124 said:

Hey! Thanks for starting the thread. Wishing everyone the best this cycle!

Submitted and Verified July 1st. I also received an interview invite for September 14th. 

Im so excited I feel like crying! 

Did you receive any sort of confirmation email after submitting?

15 hours ago, Letsdothis said:

Did you receive any sort of confirmation email after submitting?

@Let'sDoThis I don’t believe I did, only an email to interview. But I wouldn’t be discouraged, they have multiple interview dates, and are most likely still selecting students for the first one. 

We were both super early, so hopefully you should hear something soon. Best of luck! 😊

Question - Emory and Henry's application requires 100 hours of community service volunteer at the time of the application and I am shy of the 100 hours but will have 100 plus hours by August? And my capsa has already been submitted and I did not have a letter from a college professor. Do you know if Emory and Henry would accept the letter directly from the professor??  Any thoughts would be appreciated.  

On 7/13/2019 at 10:14 PM, George16 said:

Question - Emory and Henry's application requires 100 hours of community service volunteer at the time of the application and I am shy of the 100 hours but will have 100 plus hours by August? And my capsa has already been submitted and I did not have a letter from a college professor. Do you know if Emory and Henry would accept the letter directly from the professor??  Any thoughts would be appreciated.  

@George16

Honestly I am not sure. I suggest calling or emailing the school to see if the letter can be mailed. I don’t see why that should be a problem. Although they may need it to be official in CASPA because who’s to say you didn’t write the letter yourself? CASPA requires the letter to emailed in by the individual and then it could be seen as unfair because other people have to wait for verification. Etc etc. But it never hurts to ask!! 😊

You could also contact CASPA and see if you can upload it, CASPA allows you to make a few changes in your application after submission.

As for the Volunteeer hours. That’s a hard one, schools are usually very strict on their rules and what is required before applying. I would think they usually don’t make exceptions to be fair. But I would also call and ask, to be sure. I really hope they accept it for you!! But in my personal opinion I don’t think the response would be in your favor. 

Good luck! 🍀 

Edited by Amilah124