Future Navy PA HPSP what is a PA O-2 salary

Google military pay charts. Public info. BAH rates depends on location. Army offers $15k/year for four year commitment to direct commission PAs. Add BAS which is $254.39 monthly. Specialty pay of $912/month. Add it all up = your pay. 

As direct commission pay won't be bad. For example:

O2 with < 2 years in service $3673.50/month

BAS $254.39/month

Board cert pay and incentive pays $912/monthly (this is two special pays combined for simplicity)

BAH example zip 31419 (Savannah) with dependants $2064/month

Direct commission PA bonus (Army) $1250 month (15 k lump sum paid annually, this isn't paid monthly)

Total 8153.59/monthly. Roughly $98k per year for 31419 first year. 

After the first 4 years the bonus could if you choose to re-up for 4 years would increase to $20k per year in 4 year blocks. Base pay jumps every 2 years and again with promotions. Bah increases with rank but varies with zip code. Bas and board cert pay is constant. 

For example in real life. Me. Over 20 years O3E my total compensation is $112k. I do not have a current bonus which could increase my pay to $132k. 

Hope this helps. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2019 at 4:46 PM, DLane said:

Google Navy Pay scale and look at O2 over 2 years. Google BAH calculator, enter you zip for where you will be stationed, add this number. Add 11k in bonuses. This will be your gross salary.

Thanks so much! I didn’t know what the bonus came out to. And so the fact that I am an O-1 with hpsp counts as years of service, making the pay grade over two years?