Xavier University 2019-2020 Cycle

17 minutes ago, kkim916 said:

Just got an interview invite as well! Flying from Socal.

Any tips on where to stay and travel?

@kkim916 Hey yea, I would say stay somewhere on Poydras closer to the superdome, that way you can avoid doing a car rental and just uber  from there!  I am from new Orleans and there are not any hotels near the university I know of however an uber from downtown to Xaiver isnt more than 15 mins without traffic.

On 9/17/2019 at 12:29 PM, kkim916 said:

Can anyone share about their interview experience/ structure? 

Not sure if you have already interviewed yet but I will leave this here for future interviewees. I interviewed on 9/9 at the first interview session.

There were about 10 interviewees, we divided into 2 groups - A and B. They start out with a presentation of the program and introduction of the faculty. I will say that there are multiple interviews with all of the faculty, there is also a solo exercise/activity. Unfortunately I can't share exactly how the interview(s) is structured because they requested we keep specific details confidential (we basically signed an NDA). I will say that the faculty were very welcoming and friendly, they did not try to trip us up or anything like that.

Regarding the accreditation status, the way they explained it in the presentation is that basically an acceptance into the program is conditional and contingent upon achievement of provisional accreditation status. If you are accepted and they fail to get accredited, they refund you the tuition deposit and all applicants will need to reapply in the 2020-2021 application cycle (if Xavier chooses to apply for accreditation again next year). If the program does achieve provisional status, class will start as scheduled in January. And it is my understanding that all students will be eligible to sit for the PANCE if provisional status is achieved regardless if the program loses accreditation in the future.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, Lifeline10 said:

Welp, it's mid-October today. Fingers crossed that we hear something soon. This program starts January and I'm getting nervous 😟.

Sameee! I don't ever post on here, but I'm feeling the same way. 

So I interviewed at the very beginning of October, and one of the ladies (I don't know if she was an administrator or a secretary or whatever) said we will hear "on the 15th." We all assumed of that month-- October. She made it a point to mention that they're on more of a time crunch than expected. However, looking back on the website, everything says November 15th. 

1 hour ago, Alegen6 said:

Sameee! I don't ever post on here, but I'm feeling the same way. 

So I interviewed at the very beginning of October, and one of the ladies (I don't know if she was an administrator or a secretary or whatever) said we will hear "on the 15th." We all assumed of that month-- October. She made it a point to mention that they're on more of a time crunch than expected. However, looking back on the website, everything says November 15th. 

I was told the same. That's why I was so invested into hearing back by now. However, I'm giving them grace. They're a new program and I know a lot is put in behind the scenes to ensure that the process is seamless. For all we know, they're probably still waiting on the ARC-PA to give them the Ok to proceed. Still, this wait is having me sick to my stomach 😟. I just gotta/wanna  knowwwww .... 😭

On 10/16/2019 at 10:59 AM, Lifeline10 said:

I was told the same. That's why I was so invested into hearing back by now. However, I'm giving them grace. They're a new program and I know a lot is put in behind the scenes to ensure that the process is seamless. For all we know, they're probably still waiting on the ARC-PA to give them the Ok to proceed. Still, this wait is having me sick to my stomach 😟. I just gotta/wanna  knowwwww .... 😭

Hey guys don’t feel discouraged! I really think they are going to let us know by November 15. I interviewed the beginning of September and still have not heard anything back yet. I know it’s stressful but don’t worry  news will come. Best wishes to you all! 

• Upvote 1