10 hours ago, Gabpa said:

@silverfrost being put on hold just means that they’re going to view more applicants before making a final decision about you! You can still be accepted, rejected or put on the “alternate” list

To add on to that they could either be holding for comparison with other applicants or they could be holding for review if, for example, they are waiting for final grades from classes you are taking currently.

22 hours ago, mjacobs7 said:

Anyone know if we're able to pick clinical rotations outside of NY?

I don't believe so.  Based on the information they gave us while I was there they make arrangements with sites around the state that meet their criteria a year out.  I don't remember the full range of distance, but it was something like as far west as Buffalo and as far south as Olean with presumably a similar distance east as well.  Accepting the offer at the school means that you agree to go to whatever clinical site that you are assigned. Although they did say that they would try and work with you to get a site that works from that list

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2019 at 5:13 PM, PDF1996 said:

Hey all,

Current first year student here at upstate. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I'll answer what I can! I was in your shoes not so long ago and I remember how agonizing the process is. Best of luck!

Is there a break after the summer semester, before the fall semester starts? If so, how long?

Hey all,

Current first year student here at upstate. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I'll answer what I can! I was in your shoes not so long ago and I remember how agonizing the process is. Best of luck!

Hi!

Were you required to purchase specific materials (iPad, stethoscope, etc.) prior to the beginning of classes?

Hey all,

Hi, I was told that im being held for comparison. Do you know of anyone whos been accepted after getting this notification/the likelihood of getting accepted/waitlisted from here? ty

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest paulaust

Hi everyone! Congratulations to all who have been accepted or waitlisted. 🙂 

I submitted my secondary application and all relevant materials, and received an e-mail that my application is complete, on 11/13/19. Has anyone who also submitted around that time received an invite to interview or a rejection? I have not heard anything yet. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...