CUNY YORK 2019-2020

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Njohnson92 said:

I just got the news today that I was accepted off of the waiting list! I am thrilled but also shocked... it says they will be starting Fall 2020. I looked on the York college website and it says the first day of class August 26th? Does anyone know when orientation is and what supplies are needed? 

Congrats! Must be a relief. I'm applying this cycle. I'm super nervous. This is my top choice too. 

28 minutes ago, Fin2PA said:

Congrats! Must be a relief. I'm applying this cycle. I'm super nervous. This is my top choice too. 

It was and still is a shock. This was my first time applying and I was waitlisted for 3 out of the 5 I applied too and kind of forgot about it and kept trudging along to apply for this next 2020-2021 cycle- like was about to resubmit my caspa next week. 

im excited but also have a lot of questions- orientation will probably answer all of them. Does anyone know when that is?

7 hours ago, Njohnson92 said:

It was and still is a shock. This was my first time applying and I was waitlisted for 3 out of the 5 I applied too and kind of forgot about it and kept trudging along to apply for this next 2020-2021 cycle- like was about to resubmit my caspa next week. 

im excited but also have a lot of questions- orientation will probably answer all of them. Does anyone know when that is?

How long did it take for you to hear about interviews? I sent in my application for this cycle, and still haven't received any confirmation from YORK. I haven't heard from any school I applied to end of June other than confirmation. So nervewrecking,

Both my GPA is are 3.50+, and GRE 299 with 849 Hrs of PCE would have a 1000 if it wasn't for COVID19

On 7/16/2020 at 6:43 PM, Fin2PA said:

How long did it take for you to hear about interviews? I sent in my application for this cycle, and still haven't received any confirmation from YORK. I haven't heard from any school I applied to end of June other than confirmation. So nervewrecking,

Both my GPA is are 3.50+, and GRE 299 with 849 Hrs of PCE would have a 1000 if it wasn't for COVID19

I submitted all my applications in nov/December as I was waiting on an upper level bio fall 2019 grade which in retrospect was not smart. Should’ve submitted with the it pending. But due to my submission being later, I did not get interviews until March-April and then waitlisted in May. But it seems people who apply earlier get earlier interviews. Best advice to you is to do other things to occupy your mind and not check your email an unnecessary amount. If they see you as a good applicant, you’ll get an interview and checking your email 10 times a day isn’t going to change that. However it does not hurt to go over each college mission statements, history and core values. But more importantly, do a self audit and see what is the weakest part of your application and see if you can be proactive in improving it. I had an average GPA of 3.5 so I took a lot of upper level biology classes to move the needle to having 3.9 post baccalaureate science GPA. I needed more volunteer hours so I caught out virtual volunteer hours helping Brooklyn educators with virtual lesson plans. Just keep moving forward almost acting as if you didn’t submit your application yet or as if you didn’t get in and are now trying to improve your application. I did not want to be disappointed if I didn’t get in my first try so this is what I did, I always kept moving forward and I think it’s helped with my resiliency when I thought I didn’t get accepted. It will happen. Speak it into existence and work in many ways towards your central goal. 

• 3 weeks later...