MisterP

2019 - 2020 Application Cycle

I was verified 5/16, submitted to RMC 6/3, and received an interview invite this afternoon for 8/30!

I also have an interview scheduled for 8/30.  

Let me know if any of you would like to meet up on the 29th, or maybe share a hotel room? I haven't asked or heard if RMC provides any sort of lodging for applicants. 

Hi all,

I will also be interviewing on 08/30 and am flying in from Oregon. Has anyone heard what the interview format is like?

I read this in a post by a previous applicant: 

Hello! Congrats on the invite! You'll have a 20 minute interview with a panel of interviewers. While the other applicants are in their interviews, you will sit in on a lecture with the PA students. Then, you'll have lunch with some PA students (a good opportunity to ask them lots of questions) and have a quick tour. I heard back the Wednesday after I interviewed, so super quick turn around. 

36 minutes ago, parunner2020 said:

Just curious if any who have received interviews would be willing to share stats (gpa shadow hours ect.)? 

Sure! 

cGPA 3.7 

sGPA 3.45

GRE 310, 4.5 

PCE 2000 as a cardiac CNA

Volunteer: 200 hours as a wildlife rehabber and 100 hours volunteering around the community 

Shadowing: 55 hours 

2000 hours in medical research, 100 hours as an anatomy TA 

cGPA 3.41

sGPA 3.74

GRE 309 

PCE 7,000 hours as a PCT, in dermatology,  psychiatric care, and tissue recovery

Shadowing 100 hours

Volunteering as a crisis hotline operator, and esl teacher 

Research in an organic chemistry lab

And an EMTb licence

Edited by Queenofdoom

On 8/14/2019 at 7:34 AM, parunner2020 said:

Just curious if any who have received interviews would be willing to share stats (gpa shadow hours ect.)? 

cGPA: 3.71

sGPA: 3.66

GRE: 304, 3.5 writing 

PCE: 2,500 hours as CNA & Scribe 

Shadowing: 600 hours

Volunteering: 100 hours 

about 2 years experience working as an Ochem TA 

Just received an offer for a seat in the program from Cody! He stated a decision and $1,000 deposit need to be sent in by this Friday the 6th, just to give those of you interviewing in the future some more info.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, alm97 said:

Has anyone who interviewed on 9/6 heard anything back yet? 

I received an acceptance email from Cody yesterday from my 9/6 interview. At the interview they said that we would receive an email from them by the end of Monday (yesterday) letting us know if we were accepted, wait-listed, or denied. You might want to reach out to them to clarify your status if you haven't heard anything back yet.

6 hours ago, MisterP said:

Is the class pretty much full by the 10/4 interview? That's when mine is.

I doubt it. They only interview 12 people at a time and they are increasing the class size from 36 to 48 (which they haven't updated on their website for whatever reason).  Unless they are accepting 3/4ths or more people from each group, then there should still be spots available come 10/4.