USC Keck 2019-2020

Got the acceptance call last night!  😍 Congrats to everyone else who got admitted!

Also, for anyone else that hasn’t heard back or was not admitted; this was my third time interviewing. If it doesn’t happen this year, always have hope because eventually it could be your turn too.

Edited by tmaga
  • Like 1

To those who got accepted, waitlisted and denied

May I ask,

what your ages are?

Accepted, waitlisted, or denied?

which day you got the news?

how you personally felt the interview went?

Example Me,

25 y.o, Denied, 10/4/19, I think it went really well and had an overall optimistic feeling.

Perhaps this data can help those next time around, or perhaps find a trend

thank you!

Edited by kuhlschrank
  • Like 1

Received an interview invite this afternoon. Seems like most of the class has been filled, this should be fun trying to compete with people who deserve it just as much as I do, ha! This whole 2x2 picture business.... how is everyone doing theirs? Any current students out there that can vouch for this program? How’s the area in east L.A.?? 

On 10/4/2019 at 4:43 PM, Reeannuh said:

Received an interview invite this afternoon. Seems like most of the class has been filled, this should be fun trying to compete with people who deserve it just as much as I do, ha! This whole 2x2 picture business.... how is everyone doing theirs? Any current students out there that can vouch for this program? How’s the area in east L.A.?? 

I personally stretched a selfie I took to 2x2 in Google docs, and had regret when I saw everyone had actual passport photos taken at CVS haha. 

On 10/4/2019 at 5:43 PM, Reeannuh said:

Not sure if you're a Costco member but if you have access, Costco sells four 2x2 pictures for $5 which is a much better deal than you'll find almost anywhere else. That's what I did. They'll take the picture for you too.

• Like 1

Really great experience. I'd say more so than other schools, they do not try and attack you or make you feel like you are "defending your life" haha they WANT to get to know you and your values and what makes you tick. After the interview, It dawned on me that they never gave us a tour of any facilities or simulation lab or anything... anyone want to weigh in on that?? I thought it was kinda weird. Overall, I was impressed by the giving nature of the program and the inclusiveness they breed. Our interview session will find out Oct. 29th with the verdict!

Did everyone who already interviewed wear a full suit with a jacket? And did anyone bring copies of their resume with them? 

Also were there any interview questions that stumped you or that you found odd? 

Any advice is appreciated!!! This is only my second interview. 

Edited by KellyBeth

On 10/21/2019 at 7:55 AM, Reeannuh said:

Really great experience. I'd say more so than other schools, they do not try and attack you or make you feel like you are "defending your life" haha they WANT to get to know you and your values and what makes you tick. After the interview, It dawned on me that they never gave us a tour of any facilities or simulation lab or anything... anyone want to weigh in on that?? I thought it was kinda weird. Overall, I was impressed by the giving nature of the program and the inclusiveness they breed. Our interview session will find out Oct. 29th with the verdict!

Hey there! I'm a first year at USC. The tour is given to those admitted during orientation and you will become very familiar with the cadaver lab should you become a Trojan! Good luck.

• Like 1