USC Keck 2019-2020

11 hours ago, tdd0609 said:

For those with interviews next month: be confident, be YOU. They really emphasize how they just want to get to know you. Do your research on the program, dress to impress, and arrive early! Good luck to those interviewing next month! 

Totally agree with you! Be yourself and remember to have fun as cliché as that sounds haha! Not only were all the faculty/alum/students really kind and welcoming, all the interviewees I talked to also made the interview day really fun! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lovejoyprice said:

just to ask questions

I don’t think current students and alumni are there solely to answer our questions. Rather, they are also there for the purpose of evaluating you to see if you’re a good fit for the program. Just because they were all in different rooms does not mean they were a part of different teams! They are on the same team and they are seeking the right people. That’s why it’s important to  treat the panel discussion as an evaluation as well. Ask valuable, unique and, meaningful questions. Quality is important not quantity. You want to be remembered by them because I guarantee they will have a say on whether you get in or not no matter how small their input may be. Our 2x2 headshot photo was not submitted to see how pretty we are but,  to remind interviewers, current students and, alumni of what we looked like. I didn’t see any note taking by the panel conductors but I’m sure as keck they jotted down a few things about you during room change and intermission.

Edited by kuhlschrank
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Britt069 said:

Has anyone heard back yet from sept 14th interview?

Nothing yet but fingers crossed still. They said they would be calling today and/or tomorrow right?

Based on last years forum it seems like many people got their calls pretty late any time between 5-7 California time.

Best of luck to everyone, there’s still hope!

Accepted as well!! Got the phone call yesterday!

LOVED this program so so much!! However, I just put my deposit down for another program. Hopefully, my spot goes to one of y'all! ❤️

Congrats to everyone who was accepted!!! Loved meeting y'all at interview day!

Edited by ellomate
  • Upvote 1