• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By EmergencyPA
      Hello all! I took the GRE in May and received a 153 on quant (49%tile), 152 verbal (54%tile), and I did pretty bad on the writing- 3.0 (15%tile). I was wondering how bad it would hurt my application to have a 3.0 on writing.

I have ~2700 relevant PCE hours, over 1,000 HCE hours, 3.68 cGPA, 3.53 sGPA both GPAs are an upward trend. Should I be too worried? I definitely plan on taking the GRE again if I don’t get accepted this year.
      Anyone have experience applying with low GRE and still getting accepted? 
      thanks!!
    • By sjrack
      5 years ago my wife and I participated in a sweat equity program to help build our current home and 4 other homes in our neighborhood. I'm wanting to include this experience since it involved helping others in my community that fell within a certain lower income bracket, but I want to label it correctly in CASPA. My current thinking is that I can mark it as "volunteer" and also check that it was "compensated." Even though we didn't receive any money, we built equity in our home by building it ourselves along with the help of the other families. Does this sound ok? Or should I label it as something else completely?
      Thank you!
    • By Southpaw45
      All,
      Just wanted to let you know from last years experience so you don't have the same issue. 
      Background:  Wanted to hit the Aug 1 deadlines, so submitted  and was verified prior to deadline.
      Had transcripts and other items from summer that arrived at CASPA after application was verified.
      Two Items to note:
      1 - Any grades after verification will not be updated into the GPA calculation (I can understand that).
      2 - CASPA will update the file, however if you submit another application, CAPSA sends the original file to the school - Not the updated one.
           YOU will need to inform the school to go get the UPDATED file, otherwise they will still see your original file.
      I did not know this and may have missed out on schools looking at what I thought was an updated file only to find out later, that they were not seeing the updated version.  If I would have known this, I may have either waited (missed the Aug deadline) or more than likely told the schools they had to go into the system to see the latest file (CASPA's advice).
      I found this out too late for last years cycle....Posting this so others may avoid this.
      Good Luck!

• By Farafish260
      I just had all of my transcripts uploaded by CASPA. And, I’ve approved them, but do I have to match the prerequisites to the programs or will CASPA do that for me if I opt out? Thx 
    • By Finntastic
      Just wondering if anyone knows how long (in general) it takes for a mailed transcript to be sent to and processed by CASPA? I submitted an order through parchment last Friday. The status reads "Delivered", but I've yet to see anything in CASPA.

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More