2012-2013 Application Cycle

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How quickly did you receive rejection letters after submitting your supplemental application? My CASPA was submitted in late August, received in early September, and my supplemental was completed shortly thereafter. I haven't received any application status updates, so I was just wondering how quickly I can expect to hear whether I am rejected outright or invited for an interview.

I am so sorry to those of you who received rejection letters. I am sure they are missing out on some great students. I am still waiting to hear back on some schools as well for interviews. For those of you who have been accepted, is there a facebook group to speak to other classmates? Good luck everyone!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all, does anyone know current students in this program that we can get in touch with to ask questions? I e-mailed NSU-Orlando but they said that they cannot reveal any information. I just have questions regarding apartments and the program in general. I should also mention that I am a recently accepted applicant.

Thanks in advance!

Hi all, does anyone know current students in this program that we can get in touch with to ask questions? I e-mailed NSU-Orlando but they said that they cannot reveal any information. I just have questions regarding apartments and the program in general. I should also mention that I am a recently accepted applicant.

Thanks in advance!

You can ask here, I lurk occasionally and I know other classmates do too.

The area immediately surrounding the school is not the nicest or the safest, depending on your frame of reference. For example... there was a fatal shooting in Northbridge Apartments (right next to school) a couple of days ago, and there was another shooting in The Villages last December. There are, however, nicer and safer communities near the school that attract a different variety of resident, where there don't seem to be as many crime problems.

A lot of people live in Aqua, Heritage, and Park Central. They are a little pricey in my personal opinion, but seem to be like nice communities from what I can tell from visiting.

If you're a little more desperate to save money, the complexes on Oak Ridge between Millenia and OBT are significantly cheaper, but they are of course in a worse neighborhood. But, this is the area that I live in and I have not had any problems. My rent is $570/month for a studio and I know the people in Aqua are paying upwards of $1000 for 1br... I believe Heritage and Park Central are in between the two as far as prices go.

If safety is a huge concern, you could check out places like Dr. Phillips, but it will be pricey and it's a longer commute. But there are definitely areas nearby with lower crime rates and a modest commute. I would spend some time checking out a crime map like this: http://www.orlandosentinel2.com/data/crime/ just so you can become acquainted with the area. And apartmentratings.com is a resource I would check out as well, but take it with a grain of salt.

Pauline sent us out an email with recommendations from previous classes, which I'll attach to this post. These recommendations are from c/o 2012 and 2013 so I am not sure how much prices and opinions may have changed. Aaaaand that's what I've got as far as apartment info. Hope it helps.

Email 4 apartments.doc

Archived