2012-2013 Application Cycle

Wanted to start a thread for general discussion for anyone who will be applying to Nova-Orlando for a 2013 start.

I will be applying at the end of this summer to PA schools. Very excited and nervous...my application will have some strengths and some not-so-strong-spots. I feel confident in being able to explain the weaknesses in an interview, but I have to get there first.

Any advice from current students/admitted applicants would be welcome here. Good luck to all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Undergrad in Accounting about 15 years ago, so quite a change. Have taken the science classes here at UCF and Valencia. Good science GPA and good GRE scores, but just worried because I will still have a couple pre-reqs to take when I submit my application in August. Also haven't had a job in medicine...some good shadowing hours and volunteer, but no paid HCE.

• 2 weeks later...

Cobajay, Im in the same position as you, I too will be applying very soon in August 2013. My UndGrad is in Psychology and have taken some pre-req's but need to complete some more when applying. Haven't had a (paying) job in medicine.. Any update on your end?

Hi

Im applying to the FT lauderdale campus. Cobajay when you say good GRE what do you mean. I did mine last year and I do not know if it is good or not. Schools does not say they only tells you no minimum score and honestly when you ask about the GRE, people do not tell you, they pretend that they forget. I applied to Miami dade this year but I did not get accepted. I am taking my last pre- req class. If you could please let me know your score to see where Iam standing i have no clue and no friends to ask.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Received a rejection letter today. Not really sure why. I thought my stats were good. Called the program to see why but no answer. Doesn't make any sense to me to not even keep my app for future consideration. Hopefully they will call me back.

Rejection letter for the class starting in 2013? :-_-: Wow...I didn't know they were making decisions that early.

Just curious to see if anyone who applied to Nova (Orlando & Ft Lauderdale) has sent official transcripts to the school? Also, I wonder if they reject people who have not finished pre-reqs?? I am currently enrolled in Organic Chemistry so I would think they would take that into consideration, right? Did anyone send them a current Fall class schedule?

Hi guys! I am so sorry to hear about rejection letters being mailed out to you. :S I just completed my supplemental application today and was wondering if anyone on this thread would like to share their stats with me (whether you got an invitation or rejected). This would give me a bit of peace of mind. I know I am kinda of late on applying and my chances might be greatly reduced by this, but I am still hopeful!

Hi guys! I am so sorry to hear about rejection letters being mailed out to you. :S I just completed my supplemental application today and was wondering if anyone on this thread would like to share their stats with me (whether you got an invitation or rejected). This would give me a bit of peace of mind. I know I am kinda of late on applying and my chances might be greatly reduced by this, but I am still hopeful!

I received an interview last week to this campus and the Ft. Lauderdale one. My overall GPA was a 3.58, science was 3.52. I have literally like 10 hours of direct patient contact haha and about 1600 hours working at a doctor's office. GRE scores were eh, 160/154/3.5 (I suck at timed writing). My main concern with my application is my lack of direct patient contact, since so many applicants have great GPA's as well as huge numbers for hours of experience.

Archived