Hey guys!!!

So I am so excited to be applying to PA school this round! 

I am working on my supplemental essays and one of the schools I am applying to wants an essay based off of my life experiences. They specifically state that this is different from the personal statement and that it should be based on my life history and experiences in 3200 characters.

I am kind of confused on where to begin..

Is it okay to include things from high school and my childhood?

Also good luck to everyone applying this round!!!

Use whatever part of your life that you want but don’t overshare. Use experiences to illustrate what you feel are the major lessons you’ve learned in life thus far.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By UgSOsM
      So I was thinking of taking 4 science classes this upcoming Fall semester and one GE class. I slacked off my first year and a half in college, and recently noticed how many interesting/ useful courses are taught at my university that seem to be beneficial for PA school, but I am already a senior. I am used to taking 3 science classes, but do not know if I should try for 4. Right now, I have biochemistry 1, evolution, genetics + lab, and microbiology + lab plus my GE class. Microbiology is fully online and the other 3 are remote due to Covid 19. The reason I am trying to push myself for four is because I want to take Anatomy in the spring which requires a lot of self studying, but also Immunology + Serology, which is the same way. Immunology + Serology is not required for me to graduate, but seems beneficial. Should I just take anatomy and microbiology Spring semester and not take immunology + serology at all? The reason I can't take some during the Fall is because of schedule conflicts or some courses aren't taught in the Fall.
      What are your thoughts? 
    • By WakadanPA
      When I graduated with my Master's degree over the summer I gifted myself a pair of morganite and diamond earrings to "celebrate" by success. With SARS-CoV-2 among us there wasn't much else to do to celebrate other than gifting myself something. I'm thinking when I gain acceptance to a PA program I am going to celebrate a bit more creatively with a tattoo cover-up I've been eyeing.
      Future PAs - what will you do to celebrate when you get that wonderful acceptance email or phone call? 
      PA-S and PA-C folks - how did you celebrate acceptance or graduation, for that matter?
    • By mccleen
      hello,
       i'm considering applying this cycle after completing my BSc in biology this past spring. i'm not sure if there is anyone here who has had an interview invite or being accepted with similar stats. your input is greatly appreciated.
      thanks
      cGPA:3.3
      sGPA: 2.97
      Volunteering 1500
      PCE 11280 hrs
      HCE: 4500
      shadow hours: 120
      LORs: 1 MD and 2 PAs
      no GRE score, no research hrs
    • By jjr731
      Anyone else confused about how to answer this question: "Define diversity and give a personal example." As I am not from any kind of minority group, I'm not certain how I would have a "personal example" of "diversity". I have written several essays for other programs about the importance of diversity in healthcare/in general, and about how it should be promoted/celebrated, and I have had no problem writing those essays as this is something I am passionate about. I am just confused about the vagueness of the question and about what would qualify as a personal example. Again, I think this question is super important, but I just want to make sure I fully understand the prompt before answering. 
      I appreciate your input.
    • By WakadanPA
      Title pretty much explains it all. I just recently took the GRE at home test and for some reason I just completely ran out of time on the first quant section. I got a verbal score of 161 but because I missed about 8-10 questions on the quant section I got a freaking 140! I haven't received my analytical writing score but I hopefully will have at least a 4.
      My question is I have a 301, should I retake the GRE or should I just go with the score that I have? The last time I took the GRE was in 2013 and that score was a 150 something for the verbal and a 154 for the quant section so I am pretty confident that if I retake the test I will get a better score in the quant section, but again is it even worth it?

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More