New Grad Urgent Care Offer in Bay Area, CA

Could anyone care to comment if this position is relatively competitive for the area and for a new grad? I know that the cost of living is very high and rent is somewhere around $1800/mo to live alone. 

base salary of: 110K with ~3-5K bonus, 36/48/36/48 schedule per month so roughly around 82 hours per biweekly pay period. 1 month training period paying 30/hr and 3 month probation period with no benefits. 

Benefits are as follows: 80/20 medical insurance, malpractice insurance, 2wks PTO, 1 day of sick leave, no vision/no dental, no CME allowance, no 401K (they mentioned possibly in the future). Will be solo provider after 1 month of training. Will have 3MAs to assist me at all times and they will complete most of the charting. 3-4 patients an hour. 

Edited by SnowPAC33

Solo provider after a month of training is a hard stop, no way do you want that responsibility. Find something more new grad friendly. The compensation is OKAY for a new grad, but that 1 day of sick leave just doesn't sit right with me. It's like a slap in the face. Either give a week or don't give any at all.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, AbeTheBabe said:

Solo provider after a month of training is a hard stop, no way do you want that responsibility. Find something more new grad friendly.

Agree 100%.  Especially not with that volume.  It takes time to work up to being able to see 3-4 per hour and do a good job.  I've been doing UC for 6 years now.  3/hr is a solid, steady day.  4/hr is pure hell.   This is not the place for a new grad to start solo. 

• Like 1

I'd look for something else. I've been doing UC for almost 1.5 years, I'm still learning, going on my own after 1 month would be hard. Also, no CME, no 401k, and no dental or vision...you're going to be a hard working PA in the urgent care, you deserve those.