2019-2020 Applicants!

On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 2:00 AM, NickL84 said:

What's up everyone!! First year student at temple. lemme know if anyone has any questions....i would be happy to answer!

go birds

Hey there, maybe some things like what you wish you knew starting pa school, advice for housing, and any other information you'd think would be valuable to share with us! Thank you so much!

18 hours ago, sk8160 said:

Hi! got an interview for 10/28 can anyone let me know what it was like? Is it a normal 1 on 1? 

Also is there a lot of walking? 

Thanks in advance!

The day of the interview they provide you with your schedule. I believe there are two 1 on 1 interviews and also like a patient simulation type with two different actors displaying two different types of health concerns. They don't expect you to act like a PA. There was some walking around the building for the tour. There might be more walking depending on where your interviewers are at. 

6 hours ago, Andrea1106 said:

The day of the interview they provide you with your schedule. I believe there are two 1 on 1 interviews and also like a patient simulation type with two different actors displaying two different types of health concerns. They don't expect you to act like a PA. There was some walking around the building for the tour. There might be more walking depending on where your interviewers are at. 

Thanks!

They actually sent me the same thing in an email I just got. Thank you!

On 9/28/2019 at 2:00 AM, NickL84 said:

What's up everyone!! First year student at temple. lemme know if anyone has any questions....i would be happy to answer!

go birds

Hey there!

Thanks for posting! I just had a question in regards to class size. During the interview they informed us of the small class size but on the website it mentions learning alongside med school students. Did they mean class wise or building-wise since the program is housed in the med school building? Thanks! 

On 10/4/2019 at 12:00 PM, Andrea1106 said:

Hey there!

Thanks for posting! I just had a question in regards to class size. During the interview they informed us of the small class size but on the website it mentions learning alongside med school students. Did they mean class wise or building-wise since the program is housed in the med school building? Thanks! 

our class size is 32 and you will not be in the classroom with med students. you will be sharing some facilities with med students, however, you will have your own, personal classroom.

On 10/1/2019 at 1:27 PM, JNK94 said:

Hey there, maybe some things like what you wish you knew starting pa school, advice for housing, and any other information you'd think would be valuable to share with us! Thank you so much!

Take a few weeks off before school -- travel, spend time with family, friends, etc. You will lose much (but not all) of your free time during school. Do not attempt to prepare -- if anything, brush up on medical terminology. As far as housing, think about if you want to drive or take pub transportation (subway) and choose housing accordingly. Our students are all over the map -- CC, fishtown/northern lib, east falls/manayunk. Hope this helps!

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 12:10 PM, NickL84 said:

Take a few weeks off before school -- travel, spend time with family, friends, etc. You will lose much (but not all) of your free time during school. Do not attempt to prepare -- if anything, brush up on medical terminology. As far as housing, think about if you want to drive or take pub transportation (subway) and choose housing accordingly. Our students are all over the map -- CC, fishtown/northern lib, east falls/manayunk. Hope this helps!

Thank you so much! Also, maybe advice on taking out loans to pay for school or living expenses etc. That would be helpful! Thanks again.