Western 2019-2020 Application Cycle

On 10/23/2019 at 8:12 PM, Lovepalife said:

I got accepted!!! I cant believe it. So excited and happy. Best news ever. 😃

Congrats!! Can you share your stats and how you prepared for the interview? I have my interview in January, I had no clue they sent out acceptances anytime before March... You must be exactly what they are looking for!!! Congratulations again!! I hope I get to be your future classmate

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ChristineAndersonPrePA said:

Hi everyone! I will be going to the Preview Day this upcoming Sunday and want to ask opinions on if it is best to go alone or ok to bring a friend/family member? Also, how to dress? Obviously professional but like business casual or suit up?? And if I do bring someone along should they be well-dressed as well? I know Im overthinking this but I want to be sure and see what everyone else thinks, or see what everyone else saw at the last Preview Day. 

you mean on saturday...?

On 11/11/2019 at 10:53 AM, ChristineAndersonPrePA said:

Hi everyone! I will be going to the Preview Day this upcoming Sunday and want to ask opinions on if it is best to go alone or ok to bring a friend/family member? Also, how to dress? Obviously professional but like business casual or suit up?? And if I do bring someone along should they be well-dressed as well? I know Im overthinking this but I want to be sure and see what everyone else thinks, or see what everyone else saw at the last Preview Day. 

I had the same questions but ended up wearing business casual-pants and blouse and flats. But when I went everyone was sooooo casual like wearing shorts and flip flops. Hope that helps! 

1 hour ago, mlprepa said:

Congratulations @aprilantol27 😄 Any advice for us with upcoming interviews? I have mine in February.

Thank you! 🙂 I think so far I’ve learned to try to avoid too many generic answers. The schools where I am more open about myself is where I get accepted. One of the schools that rejected me was the one I gave all the cookie-cutter answers. Try to show them how you are unique and bring out your specific strengths! If there is something special about you or your experiences, make sure to let them know!

Good luck to you! 🙂 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/13/2019 at 7:08 PM, ndohg said:

Those who recently received invites, what were your stats? And congrats on receiving invites!

CGPA: 3.57

SGPA: 3.75

last 45: 4.00

PCE: 15000+ hours (Army Medic, ED Tech)

Volunteer: 126 hours

Shadow: 60 hours

5 letters of recs (one from a PA, one from a physician)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2019 at 11:24 PM, PAhopeful6 said:

How do you guys feel about their gpa tier system? I am not planning on reapplying here this year since I know they will not read my application. I feel like its unethical to accept applications and fees from applicants who meet the program requirements but not read their application due to the way they place us in tiers. any one else have thoughts on this?

Yes, I would say it is unethical. I'm grateful to this forum and your post because I would've otherwise not known about this tiering system. I struggled in undergrad and came out with a low GPA. This was years ago. Now it's all coming back to haunt me because, despite my 3.92 post-baccalaureate at 3.9 science GPA, my undergraduate transcript and CASPA's not superseding repeat courses bring those numbers down to 3.10 overall and 3.40 science. It's simply impractical to even keep my app in the ether, so I'm going to withdraw and not reapply next year. It's a shame; I would've liked very much to have had a shot at Western. 

Best of luck to the incoming class, and to those who are still awaiting correspondence from Admissions. 

On 10/23/2019 at 8:12 PM, Lovepalife said:

I got accepted!!! I cant believe it. So excited and happy. Best news ever. 😃

Hello! Congratulations! I was wondering if you would share any information on the interview process? I have my interview on Wednesday and recently read they use MMI format and am freaking out! I’d greatly appreciate it!

• Like 1

On 11/19/2019 at 7:42 PM, sarina444 said:

I just received an acceptance yesterday! I am so incredibly excited! I interviewed 11/14.

Does anyone know if there is a Facebook group for accepted students yet? 🙂

Hello! Congratulations! I was wondering if you would share any information on the interview process? I have my interview on Wednesday and recently read they use MMI format and am freaking out! I’d greatly appreciate it!

• Upvote 1